How much time do you spend Long Jumping?
Hello there
There's probably a thread about this already, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I was wondering how much time do you spend practising your Long Jump skills (hours per day/week)? And how long did it take for you to jump 256 stats (months/years)?
I'm geeking that damn 251 block for like 1 month now, 2-4 hours every third day and on weekends sometimes even more, and still I rarely reach my 251 stats. I really wonder how you guys manage to jump 256 units(!) My computer isn't very good, my FPS aren't constant 99 and I'm using my standard logitech mouse for one year already, but this can't be the only reason. Maybe I'm a no skiller, whatever. How do you guys manage to jump this far?
Would be very intresting to know.
Greetings
well lets see.
Longjumping is almost the only thing i do when i play and now when its vacations and im kind of sick and boring its around 3+hrs each day but then my mouse and computer fails so no real progress last months.
Well, my first 256 is hard to say since i longjumped alot 100aa before i went to 10aa but i did 256stats first 10minutes i went fully to 10aa to geek 256block. remember failing a few 256s and raging like fuck. And it didnt take so long when i started 10aa for real until i did 256block, took maybe a week for me and i also did 271wj at the same week maybe +-1day and 255block 1 day before 256 :) luckyluckyme;D
But then i had the advantage in 10aa after playing 100aa ljs for around 7-9months dont remember, and on 100aa at that time i was doing 259s easy and 260s werent such a big challenge, same with 259bl 100aa, remember doing 259bl 2times in 25minutes :P with 260,7stats 2nd time :)
For me longjumping was always my big interest withing the jumping scene and every1 was telling me ljs are useless and a waste of time but i think ive proved them wrong ^^ Well then, thats probably more story than i needed but ye, thats kind of my story about ljing xD
btw fix your computer jack so youll get 100fps constant, will increase your chances ALOT :D fpsconfig +models probably helps a bit.
My friend from normal CS showed me KZ around the beginning/middle of 2008. I went back and forth from playing KZ to being active in team CS. When I did play it all I did was try to no-cp maps and long jump, cuz I loved the stats and the sounds (KZ-NA had sounds back then). Nevertheless I was able to land green jumps within my first few days, thanks in large part to my friend showing me what to do.
Red lines took much longer. The first 250 stat I got (which was a fail) didn't occur until the end of 2008, and the first 250 landed stat didn't occur until a few months after in 2009. 2009 was the year I geeked LJ the most. I definitely played at least a few hours of CS every day, and KZ for at least 2-3 hours with my friend who was also on my CS team. I probably geeked LJ itself 1-2 hours at least 3 or 4 times a week. It was our pastime away from the main game and we competed w/ each other.
After that 250 stat, the rest came much easier, and pretty soon I could hit 250+ stats consistently. For the rest of the year geeking I made steady progress. By the end of 2009 I made 250, 251, and then 252 block. At the beginning of 2010 I quit CS for big time personal reasons and didn't start playing again until around August of 2010. At the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011, I got back into KZ and started recording some maps as well as LJ'ing. I "peaked" and landed some 255 stats and 253 block. After that, I more or less quit longjumping for awhile. Instead I focused on doing maps and learning bhop, something I had neglected.
My skills have sharply declined since then, in large part because I became semi-active in team CS at the end of 2011. During the Summer this year I was able to polish them up somewhat and land another 252 block, but since then it has been a steep down hill. I now struggle to get even 250 stats. I have a lot of trouble getting good pre with this new mouse and I can't strafe fast enough - I get good stats but my strafes are too slow and usually all I get is greens.
Because I've quit team CS now for good, all I do is KZ and so long jump is a part of that. However, I am really struggling to get what skill I had back. My entire mind, fingers, and everything feels much slower now. I feel like all I can do is repeat previously learned motions - learning new ones and replacing bad ones is very, very hard. I'm 26 years old now and I think I've hit my last peak in this game. To be honest the highest peak I reached skill-wise was probably years ago, and it's been an up-and-down decline since then. I've been playing this game 12 years now, since June of 1999 when Beta 1 came out.
Well, there u go :)
I switch back and forth from randomly playing on my favourite KZ server to geeking hard/extreme maps on LAN and playing kz_lonjumps2. Personally, I think this is the best you can do as you focus on every part that's needed for successfully playing kreedz and longjumping. By switching back and forth your brain has time to rest and process the different methods required.
Like that you don't have to be geeking several hours a day.
I started CS with the launch of steam and discovered kz about seven years ago (at least that's when I registered to this site). However actively I've played kz for "only" a year and a half or something alike.
But after returning after a long break this fall my aim was to get massively better. I needed a concept.
This very concept I found in the last few weeks:
As stated above, you don't need to geek several hours a day in order to get good results.
When I felt I wouldn't get any better like three weeks ago (when I still played several hours a day) I decided to take it easy on kz and ljing. When I started to play not every day and not longer than maybe 2-3 hours (on days I was not busy) my overall performance went drastically up. I went from 250 Block to 252 Block in a week, from 255 CJ to 260 CJ, landing 262-5 stats is quite common now, 253/4 LJ pops up every once in a while.
But also I manage to nocheck maps like kz_cxg_jekyll now, am close to beating desolate_h w/o CPs and so on.
tl;dr:
Imo the key is to not overdo kz/lj, vary the disciplines and - most importantly - take breaks!
Well Iv been geeking Lj blocks for about 2 years now i spend about 1-2 hrs a day without brakes .. I got my 1st 256 lj stat about a year ago and landed 255 block after 1 year of playing . I Started Learning Count Jump more seriously after i got 255 block on Long Jump and Iv been Geeking Cj for about 8-10 months .. I have about 300 hrs of geeking on 269 block Cj ...
300hr on 269block oO thats alot man ;D
i am playing kz for about 1.5 years. first i was playing for fun, didnt know what's that a LJ.
after 3 months i learned how to lj with 4 strafes.. i was able to jump 245 stats and i felt very "Powerfull". ive geeked lj like 10 hours per week in the last 5 months and now i can do 253 block (wich is my block rec with 255 stats). And here is a problem: i'm getting often 340 maxspeed but cant do too much cuz of my big airtime on first strafe :(
I spent 1 minute on 272 dcj block.. what a waste eh?
IceVip we were talking about longjump :)). by the way, did u land that 272 ?
Maybe I play longjumping about 15-20 minutes a day... Probably that's why I can only do the 252 block. Anyway.. I got my sickest style at times.. when that time comes my lj is quite good for a while. My average jumping is about... 248-251.
Originally posted by ganjA!IceVip we were talking about longjump :)). by the way, did u land that 272 ?
jeeeeah http://www.sendspace.com/file/xl7faw
bad part is i did it with 8 strafes which is totaly not my style but i wsn't expecting to do it with RIGHT PRE.. which i cant do so i just did 8 strafes for fun and did it second try xD.
Thanks alot for all the replies! Really intresting and good reads :)
Originally posted by CowOnCrackI'm 26 years old now and I think I've hit my last peak in this game. To be honest the highest peak I reached skill-wise was probably years ago, and it's been an up-and-down decline since then.
I feel the same somehow. I'm 23 years old now and I feel like I'm getting slower every year. My strafes are not fast enough and sometimes I even get a "blackout" because the A-D-pressing is so mechanically, it's driving me crazy. It's amazing to see that young players are mostly those who can jump this far.
Originally posted by jack frogThanks alot for all the replies! Really intresting and good reads :)Originally posted by CowOnCrackI'm 26 years old now and I think I've hit my last peak in this game. To be honest the highest peak I reached skill-wise was probably years ago, and it's been an up-and-down decline since then.
I feel the same somehow. I'm 23 years old now and I feel like I'm getting slower every year. My strafes are not fast enough and sometimes I even get a "blackout" because the A-D-pressing is so mechanically, it's driving me crazy. It's amazing to see that young players are mostly those who can jump this far.
+1 to the old-mans club guys :D
I am 24, and I've been playin kz for like 3.5 years geeking maps mostly but puting a decent amount of time in longjumping too. Still best I could do is 252 block and random 255.4 stats rec.
And I have the same feeling about my fingers beeing not so quick as therefore not beeing able to pull any better then 6 strafes :[ As hitting 250's stats seems really random for me I find it hard to continuie geeking and usually go changemap.
So yeah I think talent is also a big part of longjumping(wichever technique). I m just phisically NOT able to press(on keyboard) that many strafes like IceVip does for example, not even talking of how to sync them with mouse, lol.
Originally posted by kaaOriginally posted by jack frogThanks alot for all the replies! Really intresting and good reads :)Originally posted by CowOnCrackI'm 26 years old now and I think I've hit my last peak in this game. To be honest the highest peak I reached skill-wise was probably years ago, and it's been an up-and-down decline since then.
I feel the same somehow. I'm 23 years old now and I feel like I'm getting slower every year. My strafes are not fast enough and sometimes I even get a "blackout" because the A-D-pressing is so mechanically, it's driving me crazy. It's amazing to see that young players are mostly those who can jump this far.
+1 to the old-mans club guys :D
I am 24, and I've been playin kz for like 3.5 years geeking maps mostly but puting a decent amount of time in longjumping too. Still best I could do is 252 block and random 255.4 stats rec.
And I have the same feeling about my fingers beeing not so quick as therefore not beeing able to pull any better then 6 strafes :[ As hitting 250's stats seems really random for me I find it hard to continuie geeking and usually go changemap.
So yeah I think talent is also a big part of longjumping(wichever technique). I m just phisically NOT able to press(on keyboard) that many strafes like IceVip does for example, not even talking of how to sync them with mouse, lol.
There's still hope for us, though. Mid-twenties isn't quite over the hill yet. You don't have the accelerated learning advantage of someone in their adolescence, but you can still get pretty good. It just takes a lot more work. Also, you gotta put time and effort into staying mentally and physically fit. Gone are the days where you can handle never-ending CS all-nighters and KZ'ing till you can't move your fingers. You gotta approach gaming with balance and moderation, and make sure your life outside the game is the same way.
I recommend limiting your practice and quitting when you start experiencing too much tension and fatigue. Sometimes this is only 30 minutes or so, but it's best to just put it aside and play other games or take a break for the day. Alternatively you can practice other KZ disciplines. Be content with slow, gradual improvement every day. Also, eating right and exercising really does help reduce the "slow down" affects of aging, because it helps you maintain high energy and concentration levels. Someone who is in their mid twenties who is very active and fit probably only slightly notices a decrease in performance compared with mid/late teens.
It may take you a year instead of a month, but can still eventually reach your goals. Once you hit 30+ years old, that's when your prospects look increasingly negative ^_^. Still some sports players manage to last through to their mid/late 30s - you just have to rely increasingly on experience instead of ability.
Please log in to post replies.