CowOnCrack's CS/KZ Workshop Blog

Started by CowOnCrack
17/01/2012 01:05
Page 2 of 2
Grrr09/03/2012 17:49

Ofcourse u can do 72 frames on flat, I've correcred myself from my 2nd post - u can do 73 frames on ground and 73 frames on block longjumps, but when u LJ on ground u have less frames(like 65-66) where u are noduck instead of LJ on blocks where u have 72 frames noduck.
And check what I've commented on your scrolling before landing -> u'r not rly ducking and unducking several frames.

SUBWAYZ09/03/2012 18:26

Originally posted by Grrr
Ofcourse u can do 72 frames on flat, I've correcred myself from my 2nd post - u can do 73 frames on ground and 73 frames on block longjumps, but when u LJ on ground u have less frames(like 65-66) where u are noduck instead of LJ on blocks where u have 72 frames noduck.
And check what I've commented on your scrolling before landing -> u'r not rly ducking and unducking several frames.

Your writing isn't the easiest thing to understand sometimes, since weird forms and impressions. Anyway I am still not sure about what you mean and I bet you aren'
t eather (like talking about jump off which doesn't exist)

Anyway I guess you are mostly guessing the things and that's nice.

Grrr09/03/2012 18:33

Originally posted by SUBWAYZ
Originally posted by Grrr
Ofcourse u can do 72 frames on flat, I've correcred myself from my 2nd post - u can do 73 frames on ground and 73 frames on block longjumps, but when u LJ on ground u have less frames(like 65-66) where u are noduck instead of LJ on blocks where u have 72 frames noduck.
And check what I've commented on your scrolling before landing -> u'r not rly ducking and unducking several frames.

Your writing isn't the easiest thing to understand sometimes, since weird forms and impressions. Anyway I am still not sure about what you mean and I bet you aren'
t eather (like talking about jump off which doesn't exist)

Anyway I guess you are mostly guessing the things and that's nice.


Sorry for my writing, but I know what I'm talking about because is based of my scripting expirence - and thats the logical reason why I get 1-2 units more when I LJ on blocks instead on ground with the same script. Its not like I've tooked it from somewhere.

CowOnCrack20/03/2012 20:35

I have been following the back and forth here and I'm finding the discussion very interesting. Thanks to you both for sharing your knowledge. I will soon update my blog posts to reflect what I've learned here.

I've also replied here to say that I've made a new, sort of special post on my blog with regards to movement in CS:GO. I will mention it in the OP as well and I welcome everyone to comment on it either here or on my blog. Thanks again!

http://cowoncrackscskzworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/03/saving-kreedz-preserving-movement-that.html

Grrr22/03/2012 16:41(edited 22/03/2012 17:02)

http://imageshack.us/f/818/ducking.jpg/ This picture I showed about my discussion with SUBWAYZ and all the "noduck" things I was talking about are in this demo http://www.sendspace.com/file/2oofl4 - you can see examples or facts or whatever it is, which is not guessing things. In the demo there are several jumps - jump with 73 frames noduck and on 74th hold duck and land on the block ; trying to longjump with the same script on flat ground ; longjumping with script which is modified for flat ground - 66 frames noduck(max) and the rest 7 frames ducked. The jump time is 0.732 seconds - which means 73 full frames for 100fps and it seems that on that 0.002 sec u are able to start ducking successful on the landing frame(74th). Like I said and corrected myself, the normal jump time is always 74 frames (for 100fps) and all the time I was talking about the frames where u are noducked and ducked. If u don't trust me u can check the frames between +jump and +duck.
I guess that the picture and my words are not enough.

EDIT: Few words about CS - note that your physical movement in game is defined with
-your movement combinations(keysWASD+-duck/jump),
-your view angles (u correct them with u'r mouse) and
-your state in game(theres a difference in the strafing between 300 and 1300 velocity - also ducked, noducked).
If u do perfect system of those 3 factors u'll get the physical movement u want - ofc its impossible to do it by hand, so every1 is trying to do it better for himself.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.