Games having hard lags after playing 10 minut

21/01/2012 11:12
Page 1 of 1
ndR moviemaker Tournament #221/01/2012 11:12(edited 21/01/2012 11:19)

Hello there,

I recently 'built' a new computer (Phenom II X6 1055T, 8Gb RAM, Radeon HD 6870) and I'm having some problems while playing games...

Indeed, everytime I play a recent game (Dirt 3, Skyrim, Crysis 2...), it just starts lagging and freezing hard about 10min after playing.

I tried desactivating my antivirus, upgrading my CG drivers, but nothing fixes it.

I noticed that in the 'Windows Task Manager' says the process of the game (Dirt3.exe) takes about 1 000 000 K, which seems rather alot to me...

I checked the temperature of my computer, and it doesn't seem hot at all (31°C for the motherboard, 28°C for the processor).

Any idea of a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards.

Trolis21/01/2012 12:32(edited 21/01/2012 12:33)

maybe GFX temerature, also what's your gfx's manufacturer, better it wont be powercolor, zotac, palit, gainward or other kind of bullshit

prad21/01/2012 12:39

1. check the wattage of ur psu. it might be an overheating case. maybe your power supply unit is failing. or try checking for teh the dust in the fan.
2. have u tried this http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml
3. check if the card isnt powerful enough or is it just because of the load. try roaming or try sittin in the same frames and work out if the outcome is the same
4. actually its hard to predict from the task manager, for osme 64 bit apps there would be a random rise and fall of cpu usage of varying from 40 50 percentage to abruptly 90 93 percentage.
5. kill all unnecessary processes while ingame like firewall or antivirus or whatever. (just saying)
6. mainly the system gets choppy because the comp does a scan in the background. i donno whats ur av is. if its avg, get rid of that bitch.
7. turn off automatic updates or just find out which update exactly messes up your pc.
8. try defragging ur hdd at regular intervals
9. check out for a possible update in any of the drivers
10. low down some settings and get some shit less on aa, af etc and see if bitch tames
11. if nothing works out pray to god and format ur hdd and send me a picture of the eiffel tower, heard its awesome.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #221/01/2012 16:32

Originally posted by prad
and send me a picture of the eiffel tower, heard its awesome.


http://www.lense.fr/galeries/eiffel-tower-2/
A picture I took a couple of years ago

I'm gonna try everything you guys said, thanks alot for your help!

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.