decompiling maps

Started by insen mapper
26/01/2012 15:07
Page 1 of 1
insen mapper26/01/2012 15:07

hey there
I want to decompile my current map because I lost all my map data.
Which decompiler is the best right now?
I remember that back in time it was not possible to decompile all maps due to whatever reason.

thanks in advance and best regards

Chrizzy mapper Tournament #326/01/2012 15:36(edited 26/01/2012 15:36)

As far as I know, decompiling is still very buggy. Back in 2009 I decompiled a 4 year old .bsp file that I had lost the .rmf to. I recreated everything exactly as it was by copying a little piece at a time to a new map file and then creating each block over what was copied(it was a block map so pretty simple). It's easier then what it sounds like, but I've only done it with a block map. :)

I used BSPviewer.

insen mapper26/01/2012 15:42

bspviewer hmm I'm gonna try it
well you know kz_cg_extreme?
I decompiled the original map and recreated the whole map. luckily a block map too :D

but it is a pity that it is still buggy

btw tanks for your fast reply

insen mapper29/01/2012 01:22

lil update: in the end I used bsptwomap. I'm still working on it. It's a shitload of work to rebuild everything :D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.