Need help for joining a lan

Started by xERAU;*
01/02/2012 18:57
Page 1 of 1
xERAU;*01/02/2012 18:57

I've seen many users invite players to join their "LAN" servers, but I don't know how to do it, some said it was done by hamachi, other said it was because of some cable or connection directly to the PC, so i'm not sure :/

If someone of you know how to do it, please tell me how to do it, or make a tutorial because I haven't found any on the Internet :/

Thanks

propanelj record holder01/02/2012 19:47

you need to use hamachi and connect to your friends IP, then you wont need to enable different ports

xERAU;*01/02/2012 22:48

I dont mean "joining" a game, I meant "hosting" a LAN servers where friends can join.

Sorry if I haven't been clear enough.

jusuuh01/02/2012 23:01(edited 01/02/2012 23:05)

You are most likely behind NAT, which is a firewall of your modem/router. That's why people can't join your lan.

Simple steps:

1. Download and install Hamachi.

2. Create your Hamachi (network with ID and password of your own, and tell this to your friends, whom have also installed Hamachi.

3. Go to your CS, and open your server (New Game)

4. Go to the console and apply the following cvar: sv_lan 0

5. Say your friends to copy your Hamachi IP by right-clicking on your name and "Copy IPv4 address".

6. Tell your friends to use: connect your.ip.address.here

7. And now you are done, have fun in your lan! :first:

Pavia Petersen02/02/2012 00:52

nice toturial jusuuh
gj

zink

KooleN02/02/2012 02:33(edited 02/02/2012 02:35)

1. Type your LAN IP at browser to enter into the router
2. Type the username and password (for me is admin;1234)
3. Search for NAT settings and/or for Port Forwarding
4. Add your LAN IP and port as 27015
5. Go to www.ip-adress.com, copy your IP address and paste this to your friends
6. Last but not least, type sv_lan 0 in console
7. Have Phun!

xERAU;*02/02/2012 04:34

thanks guys, hope it works :D

btw, some people told me that if I use hamachi I'll get a steam VAC ban, is that true?

w1zzrecord holder02/02/2012 05:32

No, that is not true xERAU;*. There are a lot of people using hamachi, don't worry.

propanelj record holder02/02/2012 13:12

just dont spam the IP everywhere :) risk of getting hacked then i guess

xERAU;*02/02/2012 17:20

ok then, thanks everyone :D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.