Another dumb fps problem
Hello guys,
Yes... I know... I hate myself for bothering you people with these dumb/childish/whatever called problems but something appeared yesterday and I just can't put my finger on it.
Basically, it's another fps drop problem.
While playing either at my lan or in a server in each 5 seconds I get fps drop from 99-100 to 50 and it lasts for no more than 1-2 seconds.
I realised that running steam offline helps but I was wondering if there is another way to solve it once and for all.
I appreciate any helpful comments!
Best regards,
N
:up:
[blockquote]if there is another way to solve it once and for all.[/blockquote]
Yes there is!
Buy new pc.
Or delete some porn =D
what if the map was the problem?
or check on task manager if something strange running like run32.dll
karli
What about rundll32.exe
"Right click on My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Settings (for Performance)->Adjust for best performance. In the same window (Performance options) you have tab named Advanced. Set Processor Scheduling for Background Services. Set Memory Usage for Programs. In the same window, under Memory Usage, you'll see Virtual Memory. Click the "Change" button. Set the "Custom Size" to 500 (initial size) to 1000(maximum size). But then you'll have to have at least 1GB free on the disk. If you don't have then delete some unneeded stuff from the partition"
I quoted this from that FPS thread in general help.
Set you virtual memory to 1.5x of your real Ram.
(for example if you have 2 gb type 3072.
It might help
Thanks guys, solved! Close!