Edited: All in one

Started by nobody^
16/02/2012 12:50
Page 1 of 1
nobody^16/02/2012 12:50(edited 19/02/2012 12:45)

Hello guys,

I am tired of getting an error after error.

Here are all the problems:

1 - Fps drops from 100-99 to 40-50 each 5 seconds while online in steam.

2 - When offline I get dropped out the server with the error: Client timed out while answering challenge

3 - Can't launch my lan with any mod on.

- Number 3 solved thanks to Juleeeh!

Appreciate all kind of help. :)

m4r1o16/02/2012 15:05(edited 16/02/2012 15:11)

I also had the same problem . I solved it very easy. Just opened my PC box and cleaned with vacuum cleaner the powder, which was inside. I've just cleaned RAM and CPU and I don`t have this problem anymore. My fps is 100 const and my game doesnt crash anymore :) Good luck.

nobody^16/02/2012 19:51

Thanks m4r1o, gonna try it out, tho I kinda doubt that the client thingy is caused by dust.

Gene Tournament #217/02/2012 16:58

Open your lblist.gam in your cstrike folder and change it to this:

[blockquote]game "Counter-Strike"
url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
url_dl ""
version "1.6"
size "184000000"
svonly "0"
secure "1"
type "multiplayer_only"
cldll "1"
hlversion "1111"
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "info_player_start"
//gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
trainmap "tr_1"[/blockquote]

nobody^17/02/2012 17:11

Thanks a lot! It's okay now but that old problem is back, again... Client timmed out while answering challenge. And again fps drops.. Re-installed steam and everything.. wtf is wrong?!

Gene Tournament #217/02/2012 17:25

Change cl_timeout to 300.
Lots of things can be at fault for fps drops. Scan your system for viruses / malware, do a defragment, clean registry etc. Also check your cpu temperature too and see if it's overheating.

nobody^17/02/2012 18:30

Thanks once more! I'll check those stuff. I didn't use to get such drops. The fps drops each 5 seconds to like 40-60 and it lasts for like a second.

s1z319/02/2012 12:08

Have the same problem with the FPS drops with Windows 7, with XP was okay.

guz-.-19/02/2012 12:40

Originally posted by nobody^
Thanks once more! I'll check those stuff. I didn't use to get such drops. The fps drops each 5 seconds to like 40-60 and it lasts for like a second.

Check your renderer(put OpenGL)

nikksan19/02/2012 13:09

hm..my CS has also fps drops
Did you try to quit all programms and leave only CS?
Check Task Manager and see if something appears in this 5 seconds.

KlimpeN19/02/2012 13:18

nobody, havent you downloaded someother player .cfg?
If you have it, just remove it and download new one

memekrecord holder19/02/2012 13:21(edited 19/02/2012 13:24)

I think you have some viruses in ya computer. Try to scan with any good antyviruses like Kaspersky Internet Security or sth like this. You also may using a program called ComboFix, this smart program will help you cleaned up your system.

Good luck!

Keo mapper19/02/2012 13:23

i gave up a while ago...it sucks...can't play kz no more with those fps drops. Seems there's no good answer for it

nobody^19/02/2012 17:56

Here is a clip I made about how the fps drops look like, I suggest you to check it. :) http://www.sendspace.com/file/ixt8rh

s1z319/02/2012 20:50

Valve did it.

memekrecord holder20/02/2012 12:48(edited 20/02/2012 12:52)

Originally posted by s1z3
Valve did it.

It's not valve fault I guess, but yes after changed protocol to 48, this game just sucks like never before.

KooleN20/02/2012 19:23

Valve generated some problems in cs 1.6 manually to let people forget about this game and buy some new stuff instead.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.