Black spots on my map (Need help asap)

Started by Mathzz
28/02/2012 17:19
Page 1 of 1
Mathzz28/02/2012 17:19(edited 28/02/2012 17:20)

I need some help to get rid of these "light bugs" causing some spots turn to completely dark and black. I tried removing the light_env to see if it was that causing it, but no. It wasent.

What can this bug be? How to get rid of it?

I can't release the map with these bugs clearly visible...

pictures:


http://i44.tinypic.com/34yv9ed.png (bug 1; Extremelly visible)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2s1awww.png (bug 2; Medium visible)

hm^ mapper VIP28/02/2012 19:41

1 - Make the entry for this cave higher, so u can cover it.
2- It looks like that it isn´t func_walled, right?

Anyway, look after places where you build normal blocks into normal blocks. That´s sometimes a reason for this kind of bugs(When Worldbrushes crosses).

Mathzz28/02/2012 20:25

I managed to fix the first one, the one which was far worse than the second one. I also tried making them func_wall which didnt seem to help. I just deleted the old brush and re-made it with different size. I tried the other one aswell but it didn't seem to have any effect on it. But whatever, as long as it's not a leak (fps drops) I really dont care as long as they are not as ugly and dark as the first one :)

Thanks though

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.