Annoying problems

Started by hoLy mapper
07/03/2012 17:37
Page 1 of 1
hoLy mapper07/03/2012 17:37(edited 08/03/2012 13:01)

Hi everyone.

For some days now, I got a few problems in my last map:

- Some blocks (func_walled) are purely invisible after compiling (like 3 or 4) and I really don't know why.

- I don't know how to place perfectly and configure the light entity in my map.


If any good mapper is there, please, help me :D I need to release this work so bad.

Here is the last log I did: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5gs90c

Thanks in advance, PM me or add me in steam for more details.

hoLy mapper09/03/2012 10:24(edited 11/05/2012 09:49)

Anyone (Sorry double post)?

spr1n mapper09/03/2012 18:09

1. looking fast through your log I think you probably have too many func_walls and other solid entities in your map, or there was some glitch while creating those entities. I'd suggest to reduce number of func_walls by grouping many brushes into one func_wall, or just turning them to worldbrush.
2. I think there are no strict guidelines to perfect the light in your map. If you are are just starting I would recommend you to experiment a lot with light entities to find suitable ways of configuring it. Some articles about light and related stuff could also help, like this http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=51 and others even on the same website.

sitka mapper VIP02/06/2012 12:13

Make bigger groups of func_wall

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.