Problems with sprites

Started by Twix^
30/04/2012 05:25
Page 1 of 1
Twix^30/04/2012 05:25

I found a tutorial about sprites in hammer, I have done everything like on the video.. I created a simple map and added my sprite.. But when i play the map i don't see my sprite!

Image in hammer

Image in game

KarLi mapper30/04/2012 08:19

what i see is u dont have sprite in ur map , u have a picture texture , having sprite u must make cycler_sprite in game and put the name of ur .spr in the options .

and smthing more that picture in game mark it and at the right choose to world so u can see it.

KarLi mapper30/04/2012 08:26

so basically sprite is 'flame , fire , light , tree's etc.'

i read ur msg in chatbox , u dont have to convert anything , images = like textures :)

Twix^30/04/2012 09:09

But i have an image that I like, i need convert it to spr before i can use it on map..

KarLi mapper30/04/2012 10:06

no u put it in ur .wad file as texture .
download Wally open a .wad file any1 which u use and then drag ur image inside wally window it will take abit then at the top on the left click 'file > and save . Then open hammer editor and find that image texture and use it on ur wall/block or whatever.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.