metamod error (windows vista)
so basically im trying to install amxmod, and when im loading the auto installer, and trying to install it to listen server, is says that i havent installed steam, even tho i have installed it, and if i try to install it manually, it gives me this error.
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from c:\program files\Steam\steamapps\redbulll92\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll
and yes, i have tried to google it but nothing helps, not liblist.gam fix or anything else. You guys are my last hope.
Get rid of Vista, it's the most faulty OS ever made. It's like a beta version of Windows 7.
i thought no one uses vista anymore :D
why do you need amxmodx? you can run lan/public server without installing it(copy addons) or if u want to install it for writing plugins use pawnscript..
I know camelcloud, not my computer, just got it till my own computer is finished. Ivansky, I don't quite understand whats your point, but I wan't to get all those ljstats and stuff like that to work, didn't work when I copied addons into cstrike and tried to run a lan server.
1.Copy addons into cstrike.
2.Delete liblist.gam.
3.Open cs and run a lan server on random map.
4.When it loads,close cs.
5.Copy liblist.gam from xj pack and replace to liblist.gam file located in cstrike.
6.Run lan server and enjoy :D
Steps 2, 3 and 4 are unnecessary..
Please log in to post replies.