CS won't launch
Hi,
Had a pretty weird beug lately will trying to launch CS. There was an change of video mode thing (from D3D whatever to openGL mode) and now CS won't launch at all !
The window just closes like 1 second after it started launching.
Anyone had this shit or know how to fix it plz ?
Thanks in advance,
Woof
Rr your PC
You don't think I've tried it ? Come on ...
save your cstrike folder and reinstall..
I have the same problem, I play on d3d and today I tried to start cs but it closes instantly. 2 friends also have the same problem as I, it is certainly a steam problem, hope it will get fixed in the next steam update.
24 hours later still doesn't work and no patch to fix it ...
Really thanks Steam for this crappy update !
Today came to home, launched cs and it won't open, closes after 1-2 sec, similar to your problem. Also found in cstrike file hl_4554_crash.mdmp
Now i'm reinstalling cs, hope it will work.
Originally posted by FpsToday came to home, launched cs and it won't open, closes after 1-2 sec, similar to your problem. Also found in cstrike file hl_4554_crash.mdmp
Now i'm reinstalling cs, hope it will work.
After your reinstall tell me if it works plz.
Originally posted by WOOF.exeOriginally posted by FpsToday came to home, launched cs and it won't open, closes after 1-2 sec, similar to your problem. Also found in cstrike file hl_4554_crash.mdmp
Now i'm reinstalling cs, hope it will work.
After your reinstall tell me if it works plz.
- Tell me , what graphic card you have ?
Originally posted by N3M0NOriginally posted by WOOF.exeOriginally posted by FpsToday came to home, launched cs and it won't open, closes after 1-2 sec, similar to your problem. Also found in cstrike file hl_4554_crash.mdmp
Now i'm reinstalling cs, hope it will work.
After your reinstall tell me if it works plz.
- Tell me , what graphic card you have ?
ATI Radeon HD 4570
Originally posted by WOOF.exeOriginally posted by N3M0NOriginally posted by WOOF.exeOriginally posted by FpsToday came to home, launched cs and it won't open, closes after 1-2 sec, similar to your problem. Also found in cstrike file hl_4554_crash.mdmp
Now i'm reinstalling cs, hope it will work.
After your reinstall tell me if it works plz.
- Tell me , what graphic card you have ?
ATI Radeon HD 4570
- Did you install new drivers ? If you not , try maybe they work ...
Omg, i reinstalled cs and still can't launch.
think ive had this problem on my parents computer, but I dont know how it fixed itself :/
Problems seems to come from the latest update !
Check this out : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2704874
Strange, i hadn't updated steam.
Maybe graphic card's not updated, gonna check it.
THANKS to Steam for this! Why I bought it? Better Non-Steam, really..you don't pay and you don't have any problems, just you can't play on legal servers, that's the probem.. Anyway, I don't have internet on my another PC, so my steam isn't updated..
Try to update your video card.
I got steam update right now, from 17/05 in the description says it has been fixed, hope its true :)
Yup, it got fixed, hope it never happens again, is really annoying when you can't play because of ugly steam updates :X
Please log in to post replies.