Rules on XJ still apply ?

Started by kzno`Psycho
08/06/2012 14:53
Page 1 of 1
kzno`Psycho08/06/2012 14:53

I was going through some demos and I found something strange about the wr on kz_cg_lost_castle:

Here we have some weird stuff going on.. In kayne's wr he restarts the round, starts the timer and start his run, but the moving block is already moving back and forth eh.. ?

First off: when you start the map on new game that block is standing still, you have to press the first thingy above start to make the moveable block come to you. Then jump to the other side and climb to the top and hit the second thingy there to make it come to that side. But XJ has a rule that says:

"You may not destroy breakable objects (like bridges for example) or push buttons (with an exception for HP boosters), or push movable objects, before you have pushed the start button".

So why hasn't kayne's wr been removed ? and why was it even accepted in the first place ?

http://xtreme-jumps.eu/news.php?extend.1389

Here it's something about this map, Psycho ;D

Kraeft08/06/2012 15:42(edited 08/06/2012 15:43)

nvm, spider1 had the link

Jokkan08/06/2012 18:15

this guy

CamelCloudrecord holder08/06/2012 20:25

Originally posted by Jokkan
this guy


Not only him. Trust me.

SzczupaK08/06/2012 21:24

Also, the Russian player fReelaN shot the grill on a pipe located above the Start-button after starting the run on his demo (which was incidentally an old world record submitted and accepted into XJ) kz_cornsilo_fReelaN_0404.dem recorded in 23.12.2009. I didn't comment about it when it was released because I didn't have an account yet back then, but these same rules did apply all those years ago as well. Recording such a demo was truly a disgraceful act, but unfortunately this tragic event only escalated further due to the demo getting silently accepted into the archives of Xtreme-Jumps never to be discussed of again.

Here's the demo so that you can check it out yourself and confirm the heinous crime which was committed with great indifference towards the rules. He was never punished for his actions.

If it is to be strict
''To achieve this we strongly suggest that you kill yourself at the end of the demo.''
I remember that and 7D made ​​the mistake of not suicide at the end of kz_man_chessclimb

jack frog08/06/2012 23:20

These guys use every shady trick to beat a map.

kzno`Psycho09/06/2012 01:44

Originally posted by Spider1
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/news.php?extend.1389

Here it's something about this map, Psycho ;D


Thanks Spider :D

Originally posted by Jokkan
this guy


I don't get your post, what is your problem ??

kzno`Psycho10/06/2012 14:30

That's what I thought Jokkmokk

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.