DayZ

Started by CamelCloudrecord holder
20/07/2012 21:10
Page 1 of 1
CamelCloudrecord holder20/07/2012 21:10

What's up crackas?

DayZ is an apocalyptic zombie mod for the military strategy game ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. Both are needed for the mod.

I recently bought it during the Steam summer sale, and have been playing almost non stop since, very addictive once you get into the controls which are a little bit tough in the beginning.

So, does anyone on XJ play this mod?

Z0ck3rOO713/09/2012 16:53

I'm playing it sometimes, but atm I just wait for War Z!

Gargoyle13/09/2012 22:01

<3 that game!

Bit of a newbie still. I don't mean a runs in cities with an axe kind of a player, but snipers are fucking hard to come by... if you know what I mean?

Fucking hackers -.-

CamelCloudrecord holder18/09/2012 10:03

I've played a couple hundred of hours since it came out, and it still hasn't turned old to me. In my opinion, dying and reclaiming the lost equipment is the most fun part of DayZ. Best weapon I've had, based on rarity, is the SVD Camo. What a lovely gun.

I'm currently not playing so that I can enjoy the standalone version of DayZ even more - same goes for The War Z, even though it doesn't look as good in my opinion.

Gargoyle10/10/2012 14:47

Bumppy bump

Most fun part for me is fire fights 5v5 etc... Gotten hold of AS50 from a heli crash, usually end up dieing to thermal scoping. Friend found SVD camo too, I love DMR M24, AS50 and M107 are boring :P

If you've never watched sacriel42 (youtube channel) you should check it out, that hive he's playing gives me wet dreams. I can't seem to find one that is so well scripted and hacker free...

No thermals, no dupes and no aborting in the middle of a fire fight <3

CamelCloudrecord holder10/10/2012 16:12

Been watching sacriel42 and OshiSeven for a good while now, very entertaining videos. Still haven't played the game since my last post as I'm waiting for the standalone. The WarZ is also coming out soon, so I think I'm gonna have a zombie overdose this winter.

CamelCloudrecord holder21/10/2012 14:23(edited 21/10/2012 14:23)

Anyone pre-ordered The War Z yet? You can get beta access right now if you pre-order the "Pioneer" or "Legend" edition. I'm debating whether or not to get it, gonna buy the standalone version of DayZ as well. It's pretty much DayZ with a bunch of other features.

Gargoyle28/10/2012 11:35

Camel, WarZ is gonna be such a big flop. There's an online inventory where you can buy shit into and your new character spawns with that gear. So with money you can buy all the shit you need to survive so that's that. Only for that I won't even touch WarZ.

Also their admins have no qualms about cheating in their own game. There's audio recording where one of the developers spawn stuff for his friends and said that he will go Godmode on all bandits when he gets the ability. (Not yet coded command for admins).

Oshi7 made a thread on WarZ forums with a bunch of suggestions and questions why is things like they are, trying to help them. They repay him with 0 comments and deleting the thread. The adminstration there couldn't be more fucked.

Also the game will be more CoD like then Dayz. (They said that, not with those words but) they wanted people to have the chance to run into people in the woods also, not just open areas. (I don't like that, less realistic in zpocalypse!)

NOEL28/10/2012 13:39

You really still thirst for zombie games after dayz?
I mean sure it was really funny and exciting at first. But once you got vehicles and snipers and what not, it got old pretty quick. I haven't played for 3 months or so, but atleast it was like that when I played.
From what I heard it got destroyed by hackers.

I don't see the appeal in Warz either. Pay to win, bad developers, shitty graphics. I heard about those "safe towns" too. As much as I love the idea of it, you just know that it wont translate well into the game, because russian hackers will storm the town every 5th minute with their cheated weapons and what not. And that's pretty much the only feature that sounded cool to me.

Maybe I will check out the dayz standalone, but unless it has some actual content to explore after you get some weapons and a vehicle - apart from sniping noobs in zeleno-, then I really doubt it.
I think sadly for this genre, the idea is better than the actual product.

CamelCloudrecord holder05/01/2013 18:31

You guys were right, what a fucking shit game WarZ turned out to be. I tried it yesterday, and it was utter shit. You can walk through the entire map in less than an hour, the hackers are everywhere, the graphics are fucking shit, poorly optimized in general, and did I mention hackers?

This game is nothing like they said it would be, they're fucking ScammerZ.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.