Looking for a sound -->

Started by Mathzz
25/07/2012 19:04
Page 1 of 1
Mathzz25/07/2012 19:04(edited 25/07/2012 19:07)

I've been trying to find the "sparkle / flickery / electric zap sound" or whatever it is called. You know that one light in de_nuke inside that small house outside where one of the lights in the ceilings have that "flicker sound". I am trying to find what it is called, and where to find it. I've gone through my sound folder with out finding it. So what exactly is it called?

Juice25/07/2012 19:29(edited 25/07/2012 19:32)

valve\sound\buttons\spark*.wav

There are 6 of them.

They are placed in "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Half-Life.gcf"

Mathzz25/07/2012 19:41(edited 25/07/2012 20:02)

Thank you Juice. It never occurred to me to look inside Valve folder. How typical of me, ignoring the obvious. Oh well, I appreciate it for helping me :)

Edit: Umm.. I can't seem to find the Half-Life folder, nor the sound folder in Valve? :s

Juice25/07/2012 20:13

look at the file name I left to you. :P
You can open it with GCFScape.

KarLi mapper26/07/2012 11:07

why dont use other one but similar?
like this
http://www.general-files.com/go/142997946000

also in google i found alot of more.. ;O

Mathzz14/08/2012 11:45(edited 14/08/2012 11:46)

Technically I could use some others sound, like that one KarLi, but I am not a big fan of new sounds in such old game as cs. Especially for specific 'objects' such as sparkling light/door, because it already has become an common sound effect and it would just feel weird to have a different sound effect. It is just my personal opinion. :-)

KarLi mapper14/08/2012 19:03

i think u gotta create env_spark then on options do "max delay 20" and on Flags put "start ON"

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.