Need help with strafes please :(

Started by AngelofHat
26/07/2012 13:13
Page 1 of 1
AngelofHat26/07/2012 13:13

Hello. I have played kz and hns for like an year with breaks. The reason I address you guys is that MY STRAFES FU*KING SUCK ! I do Cj / Dcj / Bhop and a little Lj. I can't get over 60-70 sync...If I do - I mess the Pre ; If I do a good pre - I mess the strafes. So I have 2 questions for you guys :

1. How can I improve my strafes ? Should I play more kz maps or ? Your thoughts in full. ( Keep in mind that I don't play lj block maps )

2. What should my sensitivity be ? I play with sens 1.9, 1800DPI / 500Hz. I'm using "Razer Deathadder 3.5G" mouse if that matters.

Here are some stats so you guys can see what I mean :

LJ Distance: 244.219573 Maxspeed: 303.846832 (31.217) Prestrafe: 272.629364 Strafes: 6 Sync: 46
1 15.129 0.000 21.5 100
2 7.190 0.000 15.0 87
3 3.294 0.000 18.1 27
4 4.295 0.000 10.1 66
5 1.307 0.000 11.4 14
6 0.000 0.122 2



CJ Distance: 247.373977 Maxspeed: 320.354125 (49.831) Prestrafe: (271.847) 270.523040 Strafes: 6 Sync: 77 Prestrafe Sync: 60
1 11.429 0.000 14.1 88
2 9.417 0.000 14.0 100
3 6.186 0.000 19.6 41
4 9.168 0.000 15.3 80
5 7.001 0.000 16.7 63
6 6.628 0.000 20



CJ Distance: 247.373977 Maxspeed: 320.354125 (49.831) Prestrafe: (271.847) 270.523040 Strafes: 6 Sync: 77 Prestrafe Sync: 60
1 11.429 0.000 14.1 88
2 9.417 0.000 14.0 100
3 6.186 0.000 19.6 41
4 9.168 0.000 15.3 80
5 7.001 0.000 16.7 63
6 6.628 0.000 20







P.S

Cj Rec - 256
Lj Rec - 252.1
Dcj - 256 (for 2 days of learning )

Thank you and sorry being so noob :).

Tetriss26/07/2012 13:28

Your 3rd strafe is screwed.

AngelofHat26/07/2012 21:25

How can I fix it ? Please be more specific next time -.-

Tetriss26/07/2012 22:10

I am not some kind of lj expert, but I can clearly see your 3rd strafe's sync is too low. 27,40. I gotta be more accurate when pressing the button and moving your mouse. I also recommend to widen the strafe.
Otherwise airtime itself is sorta bad if you wanna jump more. Find some stats from skilled players, and try to copy exact airtime etc... Airtime is even more important than sync which is basicly just the final product of your "mixture" of mouse movement and clicked buttons. Try to concentrate on airtime, better sync will come with it.

Mrego26/07/2012 22:16

I had the same problem with 2/3 strafe having bad sync and gain. Try to change prestrafe angle, it helped for me. I suggest you do LJ with /beam switched on. Experiment with pre, it might help.

2nd thing that might help (usually helps if you had good strafes before taking a break) is to try move mouse a little bit faster while pressing buttons with the same speed or vice versa, this can improve sync/gain at some point.

AngelofHat27/07/2012 13:47

I see, I'll do my best. If you guys think of anything else, please do share :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.