FPS Issues!

Started by elITe^
03/08/2012 02:58
Page 1 of 1
elITe^03/08/2012 02:58(edited 03/08/2012 03:10)

Hi everyone!

I'm having some serious FPS problems. When i start CS, my FPS is 100, but after 10-15 seconds, it goes down to 50ish. The weird thing is when i join steam community, it goes up to 100 again and stays there for 1 min before it goes back down to 50 again. I'm not familiar with every settings in nVIDIA cards, only things i've changed there is vsync off. If anyone have some knowledge, please share!

I've tried reinstalling CS and that didn't help. Same with GPU drivers. I've tried a few other things and nothing is helping to increase the FPS at all.

I really could use some help over here. Anything you might think of, just post it here and i'll try it out. Thanks in advance!

I'm using a laptop;

ASUS N61J

Intel Core i3-350M, 2.26GHz
nVIDIA GeForce GT 325M ; VRAM: 1GB
16.0"HD/LED BL
640GB HDD
4GB RAM

everest03/08/2012 07:34(edited 03/08/2012 07:35)

It seems, like every dual-core processor has a fault working on both cores.

Try chaning "hl.exe" to only 1 core.

Taskmanager - proccesses - hl.exe - right click - set affinity - and leave only 1 core on, which, no difference.

Maybe it helps :)

elITe^03/08/2012 08:43

Actually thanks to OddYsseus, i got this problem solved. It was "Antialiasing - Quality" settings that i had changed some days ago and had forgotten about it. Thanks for your reply everest!

nobody^03/08/2012 10:23

Hey elie! I had(still have it at times) the same problem, do you mind sharing the exact way of fixing it? :) Thanks

elITe^03/08/2012 20:07

If you use nVIDIA, too, try this out then nobody^.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2gwao0k.jpg

"Choose my selected Prominence - Quality"

I hope this helps you nobody^, if not, come to steam and we can talk more over there.

nobody^14/08/2012 13:04

I realised that when I get fps drops in cs, exactly the same time the vidz in utube get lag too.

spr1n mapper14/08/2012 13:41

Originally posted by everest
It seems, like every dual-core processor has a fault working on both cores.

Try chaning "hl.exe" to only 1 core.

Taskmanager - proccesses - hl.exe - right click - set affinity - and leave only 1 core on, which, no difference.

Maybe it helps :)


ye I used that trick all the time even I had no fps issues. Its best way to get stable 100 fps at all times. Core1 worked best for me as Core0 was sometimes too busy

nobody^14/08/2012 14:13

When I click set affinity I don't have any options for letting only 1 core on. I got some other options which have nothing to do with that, imo.

EasyUp14/08/2012 15:29

Well...there's always a hope, so maybe anyone knows, what's the problem...Sooo..for example, I play any map on any server/lan and my fps just ''jumps'' from 100 to 13-30, then 1 sec it's stable, then again it drops to 13-30...
I have a shit videocard(integrated), but i hadn't problems like this, till this week. The only thing I did, is that I changed resolution to a little bit bigger.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.