Â

Started by iNsprate moviemaker
15/09/2012 05:15
Page 1 of 1
iNsprate moviemaker15/09/2012 05:15(edited 31/12/2012 20:36)

Â

sn00p mapper15/09/2012 08:57

Do your old video card still works? Have you tested that one instead of the new one, just to be sure from where comes the problem, if the old one doesn't work anymore, you said you tested three other video cards and 2 more screens? Hmm...When you turn on the PC it does all the process? Like going till desktop and that but no image at all? Could you give us more info?

Why you changed the old one, what happened before/after, and what motherboard and videocard you are using now.

dyna15/09/2012 09:36(edited 15/09/2012 09:39)

I tried 3 videocards and 2 screens and no result.

place em correctly lol

iNsprate moviemaker15/09/2012 10:18(edited 31/12/2012 20:36)

Â

iNsprate moviemaker15/09/2012 10:30(edited 31/12/2012 20:36)

Â

sn00p mapper15/09/2012 11:27(edited 15/09/2012 11:29)

From what I see, your motherboard doesn't have PCI Express 3.0 support, even through since 16x and 3.0 the slots are the same (if I'm not wrong) could be the slot problem, the video card fit but motherboard doesn't recognize it.

I have something like that my videocard is PCI Express 2.0 but the motherboard supports only 16x, runs fine but not at full power.

My thoughts are that your PCI Express slots don't support or can't handle the GT640 at all,. By the way, did you plugged the PIN's? Some wires that goes directly to your source, getting power straight to videocard, but checking the GT640 specification I don't see that it use power PIN's but maybe I'm missing something.

Also how much power your source support?

iNsprate moviemaker15/09/2012 12:04(edited 31/12/2012 20:37)

Â

propanelj record holder15/09/2012 12:41

when i changed graphics card on my moms pc the screen didn't work either, but i can't remember how we fixed it

sn00p mapper15/09/2012 13:14

It's mostly cause of slot incompatibility (even if it fit) or the power PIN's unplugged right.

iNsprate moviemaker16/09/2012 06:44(edited 31/12/2012 20:37)

Â

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.