Leggie's monthly challenge

Started by leggie
03/11/2012 19:24
Page 1 of 2
leggie03/11/2012 19:24

hello there, as i'm sure there are alot of questions/suggestions about my challenge i feel i should post this so you can ask and i can answer, also i'll explain a few little things about it since some people don't seem to totally understand it :P, it is rather simple you see, each month i choose a map for whatever reason i see fit and then i say which map that is and everybody trys beating it, whoever beats it with the fastest time within that month, i pay them $50 that simple.


so, i see some people post why the first map is kz_4caves, well i thought it was a nice logic map as i have previously had the world record on that map, it's not my favorite map by any means but it seemed right to choose so that's my reason for that map.


also i see alot of people saying choose fu_extreme, i will say this now, the only time i will ever pick that map is if the prize money has built up to atleast $150-$200 which there is a very small chance of that happening so don't expect me to choose that map :P also i'm not really going to be choosing the hardest maps and/or hardest demo's, i will simply choose what i like.



as for any other question's please leave them here. thank j00

kaynerecord holder03/11/2012 19:38(edited 03/11/2012 19:42)

so, as i commented in the news i think its abit late to start with a challenge like this now..

- how long are you planning to hold this? if the map you pick gets beaten every month that would be lots of money put into this.

- have you thought of doing something similar on kzmod when it gets released?



buuut!!! dont take me wrong(most people do all the time....) here after reading the first sentence, props to you for doing this. its great

leggie03/11/2012 20:35

i plan on doing this for a long time... as long as possible i guess... that could be many years but i suppose that's upto how long xj is around.

as for kzmod i haven't thought about it no, however it's something i will look into when it's released

kaynerecord holder03/11/2012 20:49

thanks for answering, and just one last question for now, maybe too personal, no need to answer it if you dont want to. :)

how do you afford this? $50 for a wr is alot imo.

keep it up! :)

leggie03/11/2012 21:32

Originally posted by kayne
thanks for answering, and just one last question for now, maybe too personal, no need to answer it if you dont want to. :)

how do you afford this? $50 for a wr is alot imo.

keep it up! :)


well i'm an adult and i work for a living so $50 isn't even 1/20 of what i make each month

Originally posted by kayne
- how long are you planning to hold this? if the map you pick gets beaten every month that would be lots of money put into this.


A total monetary sum would actually be the same, gets it beaten every month or not, since the sum is immutable.

killahurtZ04/11/2012 15:45(edited 04/11/2012 15:47)

I wanna say that this is something really great from you leggie, this will motivate a lot of players, 50 bucks is not a little money, and this will for sure keep XJ alive. so i wanna thank you for this thing u do for all of us.

I think we would see sick wr on 4caves this time, all sleeping pros will wake up becouse they will say themselfs, ok i have skill let me rape this map and buy myself something :)

I bet on these players from around the globe :

KeltA
Koukouz
Kayne
Akkord
novice
pizza^
shNz
chrizZo
Gene
Chasquido
7D
sKiCg

This players are GIANTS of kreedz, but all can happen maybe we see some fresh upcoming stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jtFfTlWzWt4#!

WOOFix04/11/2012 16:12(edited 04/11/2012 16:23)

Even tho this seems like an excellent idea, I'm abit sceptic about this. I'll explain why exactly :

First. You explain us 50$ is no big deal and you can hold this contribution for like many years. I really doubt that, I'm sorry. Providing this prize money takes you off 600 bucks a YEAR ! You millionaire of something ?

Second. I think the fact you chose 4caves is a sign. It was your only record and you like alot this map (cf only record) so that's why you are offering a nice prize money (come on let's face it 50 bocks is sweet prize for a game !). No interest in making a prize like this for a random map you would try normally.

But hopefully I am wrong and you will make this awesome challenge last. :)

leggie04/11/2012 16:23

Originally posted by WOOF.exe
Even tho this seems like an excellent idea, I'm abit sceptic about this. I'll explain why exactly :

First. You explain us 50$ is no big deal and you can hold this contribution for like many years. I really doubt that, I'm sorry. Providing this prize money takes you off 600 bocks a YEAR ! You millionaire of something ?

Second. I think the fact you chose 4caves is a sign. It was your only record and you like alot this map (cf only record) so that's why you are offering a nice prize money (come on let's face it 50 bocks is sweet prize for a game !). No interest in making a prize like this for a random map you would try normally.

But hopefully I am wrong and you will make this awesome challenge last. :)


i understand what you mean but, no im not rich by any means but i do work for a living and i'm the type of person that really doesn't spend money, i will say that i end up each month with around $1500 spare cash it's usually alot more but i'm not working as much as usual as i've just gotten well after been sick for 8 months so i can tell you moneys not a problem and about the map, i will choose different maps, maybe maps i like or maybe maps i just think should have better records, 4caves in by no means my favorite map.... not even close i actually dont really like it, i will choose random maps aswell.

joons04/11/2012 16:38

Lol ppl making a big deal of $50 : D Thanks leggie for trying to keep kreedz alive, cheers!

glzor04/11/2012 17:30

50$ is not much at all :D

Bu7ler04/11/2012 17:37(edited 04/11/2012 17:38)

Killahurtz. skiCg, 7D, koukouz are not playing anymore, prove me wrong, if I'm mistaken. But I think the winner will come amongst not so well known players. And a question to you, leggie. Do you think, that 4caves's wr will be beaten?

leggie04/11/2012 20:09

yes i do, infact i already know it's been beaten however i cant share that info :P

Torex-):-D moviemaker04/11/2012 23:23

hire a moviemaker aswell for the highlights of the challenge trlolol

random Tournament #305/11/2012 07:32

well said Torex, and ofc some1 from russia gonna win it, toff,dc eh... can't remember them all in a morning

FLP05/11/2012 11:16

MrMistery aka StarWars :D

Gargoyle05/11/2012 12:01

Leggie for president. I have only thanks to say to you. Huge activity boost to XJ/kreedz and you to thank for it. And 50 bucks is a ton load for a wr. Hope oldies start to record too ;)

Torex-):-D moviemaker05/11/2012 13:24

Originally posted by WOOF.exe
Even tho this seems like an excellent idea, I'm abit sceptic about this. I'll explain why exactly :

First. You explain us 50$ is no big deal and you can hold this contribution for like many years. I really doubt that, I'm sorry. Providing this prize money takes you off 600 bucks a YEAR ! You millionaire of something ?

Second. I think the fact you chose 4caves is a sign. It was your only record and you like alot this map (cf only record) so that's why you are offering a nice prize money (come on let's face it 50 bocks is sweet prize for a game !). No interest in making a prize like this for a random map you would try normally.

But hopefully I am wrong and you will make this awesome challenge last. :)


people spend more money buying cigarettes

BacoN05/11/2012 13:47

i remember when i was 12 and thought $50 was alot

gj leggie you crazy Australian and I think 4caves was a good choice

KooleN05/11/2012 17:15

Originally posted by BacoN
i remember when i was 12 and thought $50 was alot

gj leggie you crazy Australian and I think 4caves was a good choice


lol'd

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.