kz_nordfront (tried to make it hard for you ;
Hello Gamers,
5 years ago I was climbing alot. And I created my own map. But then I got into another game and forgot about it. It never saw a public server. But I nearly finished it. I need 40 minutes of climbing for it and I've been a nearly avarage skilled kreedzer. 
I would appreciate any suggestions!
Please join my server, it will stay online for some days on this one map!
THANK YOU. I want to improve it, make it harder. ;)
Join the Server:
steam://connect/85.214.240.215
Need to work more on the textures and enviroment. It`s hard someone waste time playing/recording a map only because of the jumps.
By the picture i can tell you dndt focus any theme and mixed a lot of ugly textures, dndnt try to work on enviroment at all =/
For me it was more important to create a map that would train many aspects of that climbing.
I will work on the textures! Thank you, but please join the map and try it once!
Thank you! Because I need tests to improve it!
Please note that the kz_ tag is not free to use, it needs a quality check and approval by XJ first.
To avoid confusion amongst the community (if the file is shared) please remove the kz_ tag out of the name until then.
For now I removed the link out of your original post. Feel free to add it again once the name was changed.
Thanks for the advice faker.
I changed the kz plugin and the map name,
you can reach it now here:
steam://connect/85.214.240.215
But I still got a bandwidth issue,
server is not using full bandwidth. Only uploading 20 kb/s.
Which svars are important?
map looks good but not quality map to be added with kz_ tag
put trees stuff i dont know anything that would make the map more pragmatic
its not a bandwidth issue. downloading server files is always like that since it binded to server and client rates just like gameplay data... unless you use sv_downloadurl which specifies external download source. this cvar should be a web url which contains all necessary files with correct directory tree as inside cstrike folder.
but I would rather suggest you to create an archive with all map files instead setting up a random server
cheers
Hey spr1n, I thank you really much for that advice, it works now!
Welcome to a fast-dl server :-D
Have phun with the map and I look forward for your suggestions!
Improve quality you say ... HOW? Models, different textures or water? :D
What do you wish to have added.
it looks like you came here to show your server and the map isnt the focus. Nice advertisement.
Thank you for that senseless post!
It is all about the map. The server isnt the point.
Does anyone have specific wishes, meaning changes in the map?
Textures don't look good. I suggest you change those and look at recently accepted maps to get a hang of how to combine textures. To judge your picture it looks like you use textures randomly. For example, brick textured jumps on a thin wooden wall? Wouldn't it be better to either use the brick texture or the wood texture for both the wall and the jumps and just change the texture of the top surface to something relevant? That's just an idea how to improve the quality.
The map seem to have a lot of dead space, for example mid left area on the picture.
The lack of details also caught my eyes and I'm not gonna create a wish list for what details I'd like to see. If you really are a mapper and not a server advertiser you lack creativity. Put details in the map or do whatever to create a nice environment then ask us what we think about it. Don't put nothing there and ask us to come up with ideas for your map.
In the upper right part of of the picture you have some jumps that looks like are attached to a wall but there's nothing. I personally don't like floating blocks no matter their texture but brick and concrete like blocks floating in the air? For some people reality is also quality. I suggest, if you want to have floating blocks in your map, that you use a texture like the one you have on the upper floating blocks for all of them.
The jumps are hard to judge from one picture. They look squarish but may be fun to jump. If you want people to test your map I suggest you put a download link. I myself won't join your server just to try out your map.
Also remember, what you created 5 years ago most likely won't be enough with today's requirements unless you make major changes.
/Rainbow Dash
Hello Igge,
thank you for your opinion. I mean it was way more than before. No I know what I'm with. But it disappointed me a bit. I had a imagination like "that jump is hard, this one too and there you need to rise that thing".
How come you guys won't join the server for testing the jumps?
For me, the first aim, when first creating the map, was to add really different types of jumps on one map. Sure I will improve quality of textures. But it's kreedz. It's about jumping, flying and improving your skills. To be honest: You don't care about a engine, which was created 12 years ago, but you care about my textures in this kind of mod?
To say it clearly: Try my jumps and let's talk about them. Textures will be improved, but jumps are way more important in kreedz.
You're right, it's just kreedz. But you can't build a 2006 map and expect people to drop their jaws in 2012. You also can't build a papier mache volcano and expect to win the nobel prize in physics. Time changes.
We very much care about an engine that was created 12 years ago same as we care about the first kz maps ever created. You actually created this thread because of that engine. But worth to note is that over those 12 years people's expectations have increased and today we would probably not find a game with CS 1.6 graphics so fascinating. In the same manner we probably won't find a "man" or "wsp" styled map so fascinating.
I will try your jumps out when there's a download link to your map. Also what's important in kreedz depends on who you ask. Personally I find the look and environment much more important than the jumps. You can play around with different jumps forever once you have the architecture done. It's much harder the other way around.
/Rainbow Dash
Jumps of course are very important for every map, but its not the only important component of a joyful gameplay experience. You cant expect all people play the map just for jumps and ignore map appearance. The more creative and interesting your map environment is - the more exciting gameplay experience gets, at different level for different people, but it DOES matter.
If you want people to enjoy your map(s) - you should be able to combine interesting jumps, decent looks and good atmosphere, w/o ignoring any of those aspects.
Since "the looks" are the weakest side of your map - you get according feedback. In case you want to concentrate on jumps for now - then you should have specified that. But dont ignore these feedbacks completely... even with such an old engine you can create some amazing things (check some latest official kz maps), and people pretty much know what they wanna see in a map in order to make their own gameplay experience enjoyable.
Personally I havent played your map, but from the screen I can say that your map actually requires some proper theme and work in according direction, as it looks a quite random now. One very useful things is to view some nice and high quality maps and note how things were implemented and developed there for the sake of the map itself.
Also once again I would suggest you to include map archive so people could try your map on their own lan with convenient plugins etc., so then they can actually comment on the whole map and jumps finally as you were expecting.
cheers!
I Tested the map today
i wanna tell you that the map has a very random theme
the jumps and the walls got same textures [avoid that and it will look better[
also i had some fps laggs did u full vis compiled or how u compile ur maps?
and the map is not that hard bro also your jumps are some easy then after doing combo or something there u see a weird jump that makes the players mad cus it doesnt fit with the gameplay of kz.
you need to put many stuff to improve it so it can be accepted here and as kz_ tag.
put some grass , tree's some objects make the nordfont like a real nordfont
a building with a roof and some windows on it
you gotta make it look real and pragmatic , if you do that then you got it.
peace.
campaign spammer ban noob
Please log in to post replies.