G400 disconnecting problem

17/11/2012 13:11
Page 1 of 1

It just freezes at some random moments for 1-5 seconds but the lazer is still lighted even at those moments. I'm guessing the problem is not in the wire or in the usb plug but in something else.

Kkassu17/11/2012 13:20(edited 17/11/2012 13:21)

f you're experiencing mouse lockups or failures, it may be because your computer is automatically turning off the power to a USB Root Hub.

Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > and click on the "Device Manager" button.

In the Device Manager window, find the item or items labeled "Universal Serial Bus controllers." Open it, and double-click the first item called "USB Root Hub."

In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog, click on the "Power Management" tab.

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."
Do it with all USB root hub, u may have more than 1
worked for me years ago .

Didn't help :/

Gene Tournament #217/11/2012 20:35

Cable issue most likely. I swear g400's cable is the worst on any mouse I've had. First one died on me after 2 months, RMA'd it and the second one died like a month ago. Just said fuck it and took out the cable from my old g500 and put it in there, works like a charm. And that was just normal use, took particulary good care of the cable the second time around.

To test it out just turn the mouse over and move the cable at the base (where it goes out of the mouse). Move it in every direction and you should see the sensor light going out. Just RMA it. ;)

neXt.record holder17/11/2012 20:43

i had same problem it's in the wire

propanelj record holder17/11/2012 21:43

my friend had some problems with his g400 and g500, i think he killed 3-4 G500s and 2 G400s or something like that. bad aslong as you dont jump rope with the cord it should work, for ive had mine ~november last year and its working perfectly

Well I'm not sure it's a wire issue. As I said the lazer light is still there when my mouse loggs off. I'll just most probably take it to the store I got it from and maybe indeed RMA it. Thank you all.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.