Looking for more FRONT PAGE movies!

Started by jusuuh
21/11/2012 17:58
Page 1 of 1
jusuuh21/11/2012 17:58(edited 26/11/2012 11:38)

Hello moviemakers and other users of the community!

We've seen incredible small amount of movies submitted recently. Seems like we get only max. 1 movie per month submitted :-/

So don't be afraid and submit your movies to us! In these easier times the whole process is fast and you'll know the result of the voting very shortly.

All the movies should be sent directly to me to make sure that it reaches us quickly.

More updated information about submitting movies at "Your movie on the front page? [NEW] -thread.

Regards,

jusuuh // XJ Movies squad leader

P.S: We're open for new ideas, for example special movie releases from different genres are welcome. Feel free to leave your comment below.

New ideas accepted, suggestions by users:

    From now on we will link to moviemaker's YouTube-account for the respect of hard work. An additional link to the movie on moviemaker's channel is a possible as well, depends on the case.

dyna21/11/2012 18:27(edited 11/10/2013 00:05)

....

jusuuh21/11/2012 18:32

We truly appreciate XJ Premieres, when we are allowed to present first view of the movie before moviemaker releases the creation in his/her own account. That's the best way to gain views and get a lot attention. We're also pleased to hold your movie on top of the news for a longer period of time when you give us the first view.

zythH^ moviemaker21/11/2012 18:39

Well jusuuh, people is afraid to send movies because some movies which are submitted get declined even they are great and some movies which are just movies with random effects and overraped songs get in. That's why no one give it a try... I know my "The Nationaly" movie weren't ub4r but there were some accepted movies which sucked more then mines and Phinx for example, he got some movies declined, I just want to say, if you want "us" to submit movies, you should be more rigid about criticism and take friendship away from votes, because some movies get there because of friendship, seriously.

Sorry for my english.

dyna21/11/2012 18:43(edited 09/10/2013 21:18)

..

nobody^21/11/2012 19:50

Hey there Ju.

Just to state one of my thoughts:
Imo it's not interesting to watch a movie on frontpage which has already been released in the forums. I am personally starring in one but the impact is way too smaller.

jusuuh21/11/2012 19:51(edited 21/11/2012 20:00)

@zythH^

I denye totally, that there's any "friendship addition" in the voting. Me and everyone else who votes, is responsible for that the vote is relevant to our guidelines. By decisions we guide which kind of content iswanted in the front page - what's currently something we should release and what from do we want others to take example.

That's more like a personal note for me - but remember, that every vote counts. Do you think friends of XJ and friends of all of us get the movies to the front page? No, that's not true.

You can't make a general concept based on your personal thoughts. We may have higher guidelines when there's a lot going on in the scene - and that's a healthy thing for all of us. But still, even though we try, we can't play the part of everyone. If there's 3 votes on a movie, it means that there are three carefully thought votes, which are trying to represent our guidelines.

But for now, it happens to seem like we denye "a lot of uber movies", because we have denied some movies that truly do not fit our criteria at all.

Every single member of this community is treated as well as the others, and that's how we treat your movies too. It's hard to accept anything, if there is no movies submitted. We don't need to see who has made the movie for our decisions - the content makes the impression.

@dynamiteN

That's a really harsh way to take up criticism. I doubt there has been more than one movie in voting after we released his "FUNZED" movie. I actually don't remember anything sent to us after that. I personally would have liked to see FRIENDZED sent to us, what a great movie!

And thanks for the suggestion of creating a link to moviemaker's personal YouTube account in the news. We will think about that!

@nobodY^

Well, it's not up to us if a moviemaker decides to release the movie before sends it to us. Like I said in my earlier comment, we would appreciate XJ Premieres a lot!

zythH^ moviemaker21/11/2012 20:20

Originally posted by jusuuh
@zythH^

I denye totally, that there's any "friendship addition" in the voting. Me and everyone else who votes, is responsible for that the vote is relevant to our guidelines. By decisions we guide which kind of content iswanted in the front page - what's currently something we should release and what from do we want others to take example.

That's more like a personal note for me - but remember, that every vote counts. Do you think friends of XJ and friends of all of us get the movies to the front page? No, that's not true.

You can't make a general concept based on your personal thoughts. We may have higher guidelines when there's a lot going on in the scene - and that's a healthy thing for all of us. But still, even though we try, we can't play the part of everyone. If there's 3 votes on a movie, it means that there are three carefully thought votes, which are trying to represent our guidelines.

But for now, it happens to seem like we denye "a lot of uber movies", because we have denied some movies that truly do not fit our criteria at all.

Every single member of this community is treated as well as the others, and that's how we treat your movies too. It's hard to accept anything, if there is no movies submitted. We don't need to see who has made the movie for our decisions - the content makes the impression.


...


Answering to only parts which it's to me.

First, if I looked "arrogant or rude" sorry about that jusuuh, you know me a bit and you know that I always don't get mad of get declined, only got 2 times but I didnt get mad so you already know me.

Second, yes there is friendship, movie "Year Two" sucked in my opinion, "Year One" was really good but the second one wasn't nothing comparing to first one, so tell me where is the "factor" to second movie get accepted? Have 3D texts? AE works?
Ah I remember Nubz only works with Vegas and still make uber movies ;)

Third, my Nationaly movies had your style, weren't in your level but I reached some 70% of your level, at least with colors and syncing, maybe my outros and intros aren't the best but the mid part wasn't that awful. And I still get declined. I remember Marshall made some movies, "Sinz - Past years" wasn't that good, but he made "White Room II" and where it is?

And last but not least, where is "Chrome the Movie III" ? Just remembered that now!
If I am being such a bastard tell me because I don't want to but what I am saying here are pure facts which I think most XJ member think like this...

Sorry once again if I am being a bitch.

jusuuh21/11/2012 20:40(edited 21/11/2012 20:42)

Originally posted by zythH^
Answering to only parts which it's to me.

First, if I looked "arrogant or rude" sorry about that jusuuh, you know me a bit and you know that I always don't get mad of get declined, only got 2 times but I didnt get mad so you already know me.

Second, yes there is friendship, movie "Year Two" sucked in my opinion, "Year One" was really good but the second one wasn't nothing comparing to first one, so tell me where is the "factor" to second movie get accepted? Have 3D texts? AE works?
Ah I remember Nubz only works with Vegas and still make uber movies ;)

Third, my Nationaly movies had your style, weren't in your level but I reached some 70% of your level, at least with colors and syncing, maybe my outros and intros aren't the best but the mid part wasn't that awful. And I still get declined. I remember Marshall made some movies, "Sinz - Past years" wasn't that good, but he made "White Room II" and where it is?

And last but not least, where is "Chrome the Movie III" ? Just remembered that now!
If I am being such a bastard tell me because I don't want to but what I am saying here are pure facts which I think most XJ member think like this...

Sorry once again if I am being a bitch.


I know you're a good guy and thanks for clearing it out. I think everyone is allowed to disagree with our decisions, but getting mad because of a denied result is a bit childish way to handle the situation - I'm always ready to answer with describred criticism.

Ehm, about the movies - I give you my information and opinions - these are the pure facts:

- I don't feel like being a good friend of Sinz, but yes I've talked to him like most of the moviemakers around here.

- Year Two by Sinz is an awesome, long kz movie which truly deserved it's place in the front page. We rarely see as well combined longer movies as it is. Simple and stylish.

- Year One is a great movie as well and it has been released as is the second part. I stand behind my/our vote(s), great movies. Remember, if you think I'm friend of Sinz, my vote was 1/4 of each these movie votings, if I remember right..

- About your moviemaking career, I've always liked your movies. I won't compare anything to my own work, cause I don't really have a lot front page hits and I haven't been deciding on any of them. You seem to be very accurate with the percents and stuff, it's not always that easy. Movies are more than the things you describred, and every movie is an unique piece. Your movies have been really close to front page - like if you remember, I have talked a lot with you how can you improve on your work. Keep going!

- Marshall's White Room II is a good movie, but was denied in a tight voting during busy time of the year - a lot of movies were in voting then (and criteria higher naturally).

- Chrome the Movie III was not ever submitted to XJ. The moviemaker didn't accept the fact that we would use XJ's stream like always, so he protested and didn't submit the movie. There are also cheated demos in that movie, so it couldn't have made the front page anyways.

Thanks for the questions, let me know if there's more I can answer!

zythH^ moviemaker21/11/2012 21:14

Thanks god we are having a good discussion about this and not a rage and mad one!

Well you answered me pretty well to all questions, but even Year Two was good, I still didnt think it reach Year One level that's why I thought/think it's not worth to get in front page, even it was a good movie. Like I said, I enjoyed Year One a lot but didn't think the same about the second one.

About Chrome The Movie III, the youtube top comments told me that was a bad talk with XJ crew so since you said it wasn't even submitted that's a clean fact that we must forget or clean it.

About myself, well you can compare what you want because let's be honest, you are probably the first guy here who could use Coldplay very well in the movies, that's a fact and I always loved your movies due to Coldplay be my favourite band for a long time! Even I got close to get in front page, and would be my goal in XJ, I can't do it now since I lost all my programs :/ But thanks for support and I proud you like my works.

And now about White Room II, I think it would be posted soon but it never happened and I got sad because I really liked that movie and in my opinion was worth to join frontpage, even I am Marshall's friend, the movie was great anyway.

And I have the same wish, hope new moviemakers can send movies to join frontpage :b

jusuuh21/11/2012 23:17

@zythH^ (too much quotes)

In my opinion both, Year One & Year Two are pretty even, and being a bit worse than other movie doesn't ever mean declining. You can think the other was good and enough for the front page, and the other even better.

Well, about Chrome The Movie III, I had a personal chat with Nogger, which turned to flaming me, because he would have wanted to use his own stream. Then of course he blackmailed us and said that we didn't want the movie, but the truth is that he never accepted our terms and so didn't ever submit his movie. Also like I said, movies with cheated demos aren't allowed in this community.

I thank for the honor, Coldplay is something what I really enjoy in every moment. Might not be my number one favorite but it's relaxing and creative music for me. I hope you can get back with your programs again, you have a good vision of how movie should look like.

About WR II, it's a good movie but that time it wasn't just enough. These are tough calls which have to be made sometimes - and everyone has the right to disagree with us. But that's how it went with it.

My thread made success quickly, already one promising movie posted to me! Keep going everyone :-)

zythH^ moviemaker21/11/2012 23:38

Well, tastes are tastes and we can't say one thing is bad or good if we don't think in the same way, the thing is, both movies were good! We got it.

Chrome The Movie III already explained and well, cheated demos, I feel sad for that since it was one of my favourite movies since ever :s

About honor, it's a pleasure jusuuh ;D just do some more edits =D

Now I hope newcomers will take a place into XJ and make great movies, and by the way, I am still waiting Nubz movie!!

jusuuh26/11/2012 10:41

Keeping it up - still important info here :-)

And based on dynamiteN's suggestion, we will from now on in addition give a link to creator's YT account and/or to the movie in his account.

We want to sure that nobody skips XJ option because of losing stats on personal accounts. For the community, it's important that we can collect a big collection to our official archives - and show the movie to everyone intrested in our front page, which reaches a lot of viewers as well.

Naturally we still upload the movie to our streams & and use the embeds from there - but this is just an addition to all the moviemakers, we respect the hard work!

Keep sending me all the awesome movies!

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.