First impressions

Started by faker mapper
25/12/2012 03:08
Page 2 of 3
level2 26/12/2012 09:19

It's really fun, i think it's even better then 1.6. I can't remember last time i completed the kz map in 1.6, but now i pretty much load KZmod everyday to play a little, brings back memories. For me the physics feels the same, but the maps are better. I really liked the bhop race thingy with unlimited velocity - pure speedfest.

zythH^ moviemaker26/12/2012 13:00

In my opinion, EVEN I didn't played it yet, I think it will be like some pacthes in League of Legends, it comes a new champion, 100% people love it, 1 month past and no one plays it anymore.

I mean, there will be some people playing it but kzmod is kinda different from 1.6 engine, at least when I saw kayne playing to me seemed a lot different but maybe that was because I was on twitch and not playing but in my opinion I won't play it because for me, kreedz is from 1.6 and if kreedz dies, it will be in 1.6

I repeat, the game is great even I don't like it that much as some people does, now I am more impressed with kz_synergy_x2 and I want to play it in 1.6 and not in kzmod.

Now talking about positive and negative aspects.

Positive:

    A new game, it's always good to play new things;

    New way to climb, bhop and play kreedz itself;

    A game for kreedz, which is amazing;

    Gameplay seems pretty nice.


Negative:
    For sometime it will ruin 1.6 kreedz a bit;

    Some "pro jumpers" will leave 1.6 due to cheaters and go to kzmod since there won't have cheaters(i thinkz);

    Some game designs look more like source instead of 1.6 and I would prefer with more 1.6 design;

    I totally dislike AXN things BUT still a game mod so...;

    More maps as kot7k said.

FoF mapper27/12/2012 14:18

KzMod 1.0 is a BEAST!! go and try it yourself. ofc 1.6 is already a legend, but kzmod opens new sub-modes + much more beautiful maps. At least what gives 32-bit textures.. love it!

Michael Collins27/12/2012 14:36

Ye, kzmod is something new, something people will like and enjoy during playing. Tim and staff did amazing job for all of these years and i'm very impressed. HL2 engine gives us much better graphic and you can see it by maps they made. There is plenty of mods which makes this mod even more interesting.

I doubt would kzmod replace kz at cs 1.6.

random Tournament #327/12/2012 17:03

I've got something to add, i hate few thing's that in nfs_longjump map i cant do sbj's, i think the game is who faster gonna make the map, cuz doing it only with lj is uninteresting, + smoothne's of strafes are kinda strange =/

And its not 99.9% 1.6 movement, id say it like 90~.

then0r3k27/12/2012 17:27

I think it is time to look at something new. Kzmod is best way. Graphics of the CS look pathetic, comparison with the Kzmod.

leggie27/12/2012 19:56

Originally posted by then0r3k
I think it is time to look at something new. Kzmod is best way. Graphics of the CS look pathetic, comparison with the Kzmod.


but that's the problem with alot of thing's, it's ok having these amazing graphics but actual gameplay should be top priority, the reason cs is still alive today is because it has the greatest game engine ever created.... the amount of things that can be done with it are just outrageous...... which probably 95% of that is purely because of movement and all the abilities that comes with it sadly the KZmod movement isn't the same as 1.6, this "99.9%" thing.... it's not close to that, and do not get me wrong, i applaud them for attempting it and it is an amazing attempt, but unless it could be done with the exact 1.6 game engine (or 1.6 movement atleast) then i don't see the point :/



gameplay>graphics

surfrock28/12/2012 01:51

kzmod can be a nice replacement to kz 1.6... i liked it.
even so kz 1.6 its better for me...only not for kz if not for other mods like soccerjam... where it you can use kz skiils...its awesome.

cahz0r Tournament #328/12/2012 02:25

agree with leggie.
the 99.9% thing may be theoretically true but when it comes to actual gameplay,well it`s more like 70-80%.
from my experience 1.6 strafes are more predictable than in kzmod; you actually know where you will land while making strafes in the air (2-4 units left or right/back or front of a block) but in kzmod you don`t really "feel" the distance/speed gained by your strafes.
this may be a matter of how much time you spend on a mod or another and "how well you get along with it" but i`ll personally stick with the more "precise" version of kz :)
kzmod is fun(esp those bhop/axn raceways) and i`ll definitely play it whenever i have time to but not as much as 1.6

zzarecord holder Tournament #1 VIP28/12/2012 02:41(edited 28/12/2012 02:43)

Originally posted by qui
it was fun for 2 hours, then it became repetitive as hell, especially most climb maps.


how does that differ from 1.6? personally I think you got it backwards.

anyways kzmod > 1.6 kz - bold statement I know, but after playing it for about a week now from release I honestly think it's better. the different modes give a lot of increased playability and the competitiveness is at a high despite only being in pub games. it has united some jump communities such as surf and has the power to keep people from other games such as source, tf2, and defrag interested. can't say the same for 1.6.

also the devs seem motivated to fix anything broken and take player feedback into consideration going into future patches and updates.

in terms of recording I think we will see a lot of good times, some even better than the current 1.6 wrs. like I said earlier even in pub games people are still competitive and I think this will transition well into recording. not only that but it has brought back oldschool 1.6 players who recognize kzmod as something fresh and interesting in comparison to the staleness of 1.6.

anyways it all comes down to preference and opinions. some people will stay in 1.6, some will play kzmod.

p.s leggie - quake/defrag players would like a word with you!

oh one more thing, I find it sad that people are saying negative things about kzmod without even installing and playing it for themselves. won't say any name but you know who you are!

Ducu28/12/2012 05:10

Thats true, its very competitive, there are a lot of fine things.

For me it looks like a bit cartoonish, cant feel that stable how i am in cs, its like cs 1.6 + weed.. just kidding but i still prefer the movement of cs. I will play both games, instead of studying..

KarLi mapper28/12/2012 19:05(edited 28/12/2012 19:06)

I'ts just awesome .. well its something new .. if you won't play it long you will never like it .

SoUlFaThEr mapper28/12/2012 19:09(edited 28/12/2012 19:13)

And its not 99.9% 1.6 movement, id say it like 90~.


It in fact has been analysed by eDark himself whom I am sure all of you respect like the god he is. It is 100% perfect. We killed that last bit of inperfection 2 nights before release.

It may however still feel diffrent to you but not because of the movement itself in normal mode, but because of so many different modes of play that we offer.

Some of you that say we are less than CS? Fact is, you have not given the mod enough time to show you its true depth because then, like pizza who tried it avidly for a whole week before writing, says it' a lot more... and it is...and it always will be because we have the power to change, adjust and add much more. The possibilities that the mappers have in the game are x10 compared to 1.6 kz as well, considering about 15 new entites for 1.0 that open up a world I haven't even begun showing you guys. Things like kz_tombraider and kz_4youreyesonly are full blown single player adventures carried out in a multiplayer environment. That was ony touching the surface! None of that that is possible on hl1 engine and isnt even possible in any source mod but ours.

And if you are reading this thread, you can really tell who has given the mod more than a "1 map attempt" to understand. It seems many of you played one map, got a bhop map with bhop mode on it, and said its not the same as 1.6. I issue all of you to give this version of the game a bit more time before writing it off as a piece of shit you won't play at all.

Shame also on those of you who spent a great deal of time to write up a huge "negative" opinion and havent even tried it yet.

As a closing statement I am happy that this thread was created and I thank you all for writing no matter what you wrote :) After all, it is negative comments that end up improving the game and look how far we have come since our first beta1 release!

Peace and keep up with the feedback!

Captain.Heroin28/12/2012 20:31

I really liked watching the youtube video about the KZmod, I haven't played it yet but it looks really cool.

jusuuh28/12/2012 21:05

Just one little detail about "movements", are you going to update surfing so you wouldn't slide off the surf if you land from high places.

Like in some KZMod surfmaps you can fall from very high and then try to land to a surf in the best possible angle to make sure you gain max speed (like in 1.6), but in KZMod I haven't been able to do that. It just slides straight through and down down down.

I bet this has been discussed but I've probably missed it. I know it's against the physics but it's a thing that is perhaps the most important thing on 1.6 surfing, and you can't really be creative with surf-tricks if that ain't possible :/

Otherwise I've been 100% satisfied, great gamemodes, a lot of fun in every aspect! Kreedzing feels just good as it felt in 1.6 :) Great job and thanks for making this happen!

remake29/12/2012 00:18

I'm not quite convinced by the 100% accuracy, but I think the movement feels different mostly because of the graphics, as they are more realistic and thus not as strict and predictable as in 1.6. Perhaps people will get used to it after playing for some time.

BacoN30/12/2012 01:24

nice mature response there soulfather. "IF U DONT THINK MY GAME BEST GTFO NOOB U WRONG" thats basically what you wrote.

SoUlFaThEr mapper30/12/2012 06:17(edited 30/12/2012 06:25)

@ Bacon That is your opinion :D I did not mean that at all. If there was no difference of opinions, this world would be rather boring. But it's quite obvious the game hasn't REALLY been tried out by many, and they seem have much to say about it in a negative way. I only seek to correct this mistake by asking them again to give it more time like the rest who see the much wider scope that KZmod carries with in comparison to CS1.6 :D

Best examples are comments made that pertain to bhop maps in the game that were made for bhop mode (axn). They played those nd thought ok, thats it...its not the same. But they didn't try the rest. Not all people did this, but some did. When I was able to inform them personally about this fact, they tried more and love it!

@jusuuh: I believe you are right and the reason is simple. I personally did not know how to make a real surfs back then. With the pre-1.0 movemement physics, these blocks were fine actually. With 1.0 movement physics the blocks are too thin, too steep on the sides and therefore you will slide off them quite easily from very far above. Coupled with a little known fact about kzmod: we have no limit on speeds like CS has! This means that your fall speed will be much higher on a long drop than it will in CS1.6. This however gives us huge advantages in other areas of the game like the well liked bhop raceways and surfing.

So in the end, falling far on kz_surfcrazy or kz_mix_journeys and not staying on a surf at any falling angle is obviously not possible due to the sharp angle of the surf and the speed you have. I would have to completely rebuild the maps to make that work.

I would like to say there are maps being ported to KZmod right now from CSS that are absolute works of art that you should try out on the Xtreme Surf server. I am making one myself right now as we speak because i figured out how to make those super sexy smooth surfs :)

azL30/12/2012 07:14

1.6 forever and ever, kzmod just for fun, but 1.6 is the main thing.

LAKIKS11/01/2013 02:09

lj str its weird :D

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.