Choice between..

Started by Ft.skY
05/01/2013 09:31
Page 1 of 1
Ft.skY05/01/2013 09:31

g400 and g500.
I want to buy a new mouse and I look on Logitech series.
Well my friend noxer told me but g400 because its goddamnepicnice mouse
After looking some shops in my town I noticed that g500 has huge discount and i can easily buy it today.
Here a little description:

Gaming mouse Logitech G500
model G-500-910-001263
laser mouse
optical resolution 5700
number of buttons 8
scroll
ability to change the weight


Gaming mouse Logitech G400
model G-400-910-002-278
optical mouse
optical resolution 3600
number of buttons 5
scroll
no ability to change the weight

I think that G500 is far better than G400, but whacha think?

k3R05/01/2013 09:46

I had the same problem. I tried to play with G5 and G4. G5 was much better so I bought it. If you can buy G5, just do it ;D

z3lim05/01/2013 09:51

i would buy g500

Frenzy`05/01/2013 10:03

Well, something you must know is that G500 is a bit bigger than G400, and the scroll is harder on G400. They both are perfect mice imo, but I miss my G500 :)

Nubby-_-05/01/2013 10:49

Buy G5, it's perfect.

Kkassu05/01/2013 11:00

Originally posted by Nubby-_-
Buy G5, it's perfect.

+1

perd0 mapper05/01/2013 11:35(edited 05/01/2013 13:17)

Originally posted by Nubby-_-
Buy G5, it's perfect.

G5 IS perfect, I wish I could have it again but is it possible to buy it today? I don't think it's on sale anymore...

And G400 or G500? Well I now have G400 but as I was used to G5 I am quite disappointed, it's like I am holding a feather in my hand, on G5 i liked you could change the weight of the mouse and I miss this with G400. I would go for G500, even tho many people says it often gets damaged/faulty, but nvm, I would take that risk.

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP05/01/2013 12:09(edited 05/01/2013 12:12)

Happened to own both of those, liked g400 more though. It's a little smaller than g500, has heavier scroll and the mouse itself is somehow feels faster. I found g400 for 1100 rubles on internet, is it much more expensive than what you've found?

plowed05/01/2013 12:13

Well in the last years I bought:
2xG5, 1xG9, 1xG500, 1xG400.
From all these I would still buy G5 if I had the chance to. Otherwise I would 100% prefer the G400. imo the G500 feels just uncomfortable and the wheel is too soft imo.

The G400 in the other hand fits better in my hand, not as good like the G5 but definitely an replacement.

At the end it's anyway a personal preference so buy what you like and test it

GRAMMY05/01/2013 22:31

sux g400 have acceleration turn off not can , buy g500 or g5 :)

CamelCloudrecord holder06/01/2013 00:56

Originally posted by perd0
Originally posted by Nubby-_-
Buy G5, it's perfect.

G5 IS perfect, I wish I could have it again but is it possible to buy it today? I don't think it's on sale anymore...

And G400 or G500? Well I now have G400 but as I was used to G5 I am quite disappointed, it's like I am holding a feather in my hand, on G5 i liked you could change the weight of the mouse and I miss this with G400. I would go for G500, even tho many people says it often gets damaged/faulty, but nvm, I would take that risk.


Here's the G5 for $150: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G5-Laser-Mouse-931376-0403/dp/B000AY5YI4

I got the G500, and it's a decent all around mouse. Many people with WRs are saying that the G400 is better, though. (w1zz, kayne and Pizzookie, for example.)

thenimrod06/01/2013 01:14

Originally posted by GRAMMY
sux g400 have acceleration turn off not can , buy g500 or g5 :)

Ofc you can turn it off... you can ALWAYS turn it off, any mouse in the world. Just download the mousefix that fits your operating system etc.

cologne06/01/2013 02:00

if u can buy G5 i have it its epic....but between g400 or g500 go for 500

KarLi mapper06/01/2013 03:57

i Like G400 but i bought G500 and its same.

leggie06/01/2013 04:13

hmm shock pretty much nailed it, i also own both mice, i prefer g400 though, the scroll is alot better and it seems smoother to me, only problem is g500 is bigger and i need bigger mice (big hands)

beuhnoix06/01/2013 04:26

yep you should buy a g400 imo. I tested both and trust me g400's better.

fakan06/01/2013 09:26

G500 fosho , don't trust those things about "damage" mine is running 2 years now without any problem , and the program interface is really great , and the biggest ++ the mouse is big

GRAMMY06/01/2013 10:16(edited 06/01/2013 11:02)

g400 have angle snapping or prediction its fail on this mouse! she have acceleration and not can turn off this shit:)

You can read this mouse problem ;)

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=g400#message-list

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.