Warning: CL_FlushEntityPacket
Hello there
Since yesterday I'll get this message "Warning: CL_FlushEntityPacket" everytime I try to play online in Counter Strike 1.6. I'll get mad lags and I can barely move my playermodel. I was playing online for years and it always worked flawelss. It came out of nowhere and I really have no idea why.
Steam has listed some advices concerning the problem:
[blockquote]If you are getting CL_FlushEntityPacket Warnings this typically means that either:
Your internet connection or the server's internet connection is having problems.
Your connection is overloaded, for example running a peer-to-peer filesharing application in the background.
Checked, none programs are running
There are other computers on your local network using your internet connection.
Checked, there are no other computers
The server you are on has its network connection overloaded.
You are running on a wireless connection with a poor or inconsistent signal.
Checked, I'm connected to the Internet by cable
You have a Virus or Trojan or Internet Worm infection that is generating traffic.
Checked, I ran 2 different anti-virus programs on my computer, no results of trojans or virusses
You are connected to the internet using a dial-up or other low-speed connection.
Checked, highspeed Internet
You have your rate or cl_updaterate or cl_cmdrate settings too fast for your internet connection.
Checked, I have adjusted the values, without any success
You can help to identify and eliminate the source of your problem by:
Shut down all unnecessary programs on your computer before playing.
Checked
Disconnect all other computers in your household to see if they are causing the problem.
Checked
Scan all computers on your home network for virus/trojan and spyware.
Checked
If you are running on a wireless network, try connecting using a direct ethernet cable and see if the problem goes away. You will probably have to disable the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service while you are playing as well.
Checked
Safe rates for dial-up connections are typically around 3500-5000, while broadband connections should be able to safely run 30000 or better. You set this in your game console (~ typically) by entering: rate
The default cl_updaterate is 20, setting the value to a higher number increases the download demand on your connection. Set this in your console: cl_updaterate 20
Checked
The default cl_cmdrate is 30, setting the cale to a higher number increases the upload demoand on your internet connection. Set this in your console: cl_cmdrate 30
Checked[/blockquote]
I even changed the password of my W-Lan router, to make sure nobody else is using it.
I'm running out of ideas and it's annoying, because I went through every advice Steam suggests. Has anybody ever had this problem and how did you solve it? I have Windows XP btw.
Thanks in advance
Greetings
no type rate 25000 cl_updaterate 101 cl_cmdrate 101
Thanks for the reply.
I could fix it. All I had to do was replacing my Panda Anti Virus scanner with aVast.
Nice.
I was having this problem days ago.
And I'm pretty sure it was the Spotify Web Helper or something like that. Even if I had Spotify closed, that process was running behind anyway so I ended up that process and I could play online without peaks of insane lag.
Always CTRL+ALT+SUPR and chek for unnecesary things running :)
Goodbye!
Please log in to post replies.