How to encode with X264 codec?

Started by acidburn
12/02/2007 17:15
Page 2 of 2
insen mapper19/03/2007 16:33

By the way I also read on a site that doing a thrid pass is almost uneccesary and may also decrease the quality of the video.

haha lol
open my txt file download all that stuff and do it like its written there
isnt it logical?
the more passes the better the quality coz there are more passes
and the more passes + a high bitrate the more it laggs on low computers

acidburn19/03/2007 19:11(edited 18/08/2010 17:05)

Believe me InseN. I did everything like you described it. The encoding is too fast and the quality sucks.

Here is the evidence that something must be wrong:

http://members.chello.hu/balla.gyorgy/images/x264_toofast.PNG

I'm using a resolution of 800x608 -> mod16 and the length of the video is about 3 minutes and the 3 passes are finished after only 20 minutes. As I said the quality is total bullshit - output file size about 41 MB. :o




[ Edited Sat Mar 24 2007, 12:57PM ]

acidburn04/07/2007 08:04

If anybody is interested: I'm going to discuss and solve the problem on the doom9 forum.

LINK: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127562

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.