Design/artitechture manipulation
Hello everyone.
I am currently mapping my first serious map, but I have a problem with finding suitable and creative ways to manipulate the map design by filling up "empty" places, so the map will have more life in it (boost atmosphere etc).
This problem is unmotivating me to continue to map the map, because I don't know everything there is about to know in VHE (I know the basics though).
So my question is, what different kind of ways can I manipulate the design with? I have currently run out of ideas.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please also post snapshots/edited pictures if possible, or even try to make something and send me the RMF.
I have tried several things, such as boxes/useless objects, broken walls, bumpy terreng/sand and so on.
if there is a huge amount of air space(open map) place a huge stopwatch in the air, that should do the trick
looks like you just need to bring some variation and realistic appearance to your design, so you need to force yourself to create new ideas one way or another. There are no default tricks, just many directions to make it all work together. Here is some info on this topic that might be helpful:
http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=101
http://www.egir.dk/index.php?page=vhe_inspiration.php
Thank you both, but the theme I have chosen is egyptian (yeah another egyptian temple map), but I find it rather entertaining, due to my fetish for temples.. (lol)
Nah, but seriously. Spr1n those are very helpful, though I have used most of them already. I can post some screens of the map later, but since it's still very early in the alpha I don't want to jinx it yet. In case I lose motivation and wont finish it.
But yeah, I have to figure it out by myself. I was just trying to find some inspiration from others :-)
Please log in to post replies.