multi strafe jumps

Started by darkwillow
15/02/2007 22:47
Page 1 of 1
darkwillow15/02/2007 22:47

Hello,

I understand from the guides on this site, that when you want to do a multi strafe dump (longjumpguide) you don't hold forward, but when I strafe without forward I won't go far. I just drop to the ground ^^. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you in advance...

BooLiSH15/02/2007 23:11

ye... i know what u mean..

i was a long time w-jumper, too
and it felt evry strange when i tried to strafe the first time... the strafes had no effect, like you said...

so i went on playing with w and only sometimes when there was a very easy jump to use a strafe...

after a time i recognized the i use them more and more and again after some time i could do some jumps with strfaes which i could do before only with scout

i hope you understand what i want to say... just practise a bit and get a feeling...
later you wont be able to jump with w again...

good luck ;)


EDIT: the map where i did my first strafes was kz_sandblock so no wonder that i couldn't do any jump with them :D

:rolleyes:


[ Edited Thu Feb 15 2007, 11:13PM ]

darkwillow15/02/2007 23:14

thank you for your reply. I hope so. I practice on them every day, but still I land further with the use of the W key. Strange isn't it? When I don't use the W, boooom straight down ^^

rdbok16/02/2007 00:54

That probably happens cus you dont do time the mouse with the buttons.. like ur doing the opposite way..

Like if you strafe left with A button and drag ur mouse to the right...

BooLiSH16/02/2007 01:16

just choose a map where u have much place (any grassland n'stuff) and just try to make smoothy one-strafe-jumps...
or go to any corner at any map and try to jump around only with a or d


AND DONT FORGET TO: bind mwheel(down/up) +jump
[ Edited Fri Feb 16 2007, 01:17AM ]

Murvelman16/02/2007 07:16

Start a new map and change the gravity to 0.
Then walk of any point higher than the ground so you hoover in the air, then try to move forward/increase your speed using only A and D keys.
Visit this thread for examples.
GL HF!

sYcore16/02/2007 14:06

multistrafing is no problem for me, when i do it slowly... but in ljs i have to do it fast and THIS is my big problem.. how could i train this? r there any good suggestions? thx :)

ANtye16/02/2007 15:53

omfg, Im sick with this quastions >.<
Dont u get it? you have to train, train, train!!!!! Training..

FLR16/02/2007 16:50

hey ANtye, be ez, the just nabz. They will learn someday, but LJ takes time u know. Instead of being a pile of crap to them, help them.

I dont mean this personally, but i hope ull understand what i mean.

ANtye16/02/2007 17:00

They can see 10000 posts about this LJ thing..
f1ay3r, I understand all, just some times it drives mereally crazy XD

FLR16/02/2007 18:27

yeah i know, happens to me too. But i think its better that we just hold it inside or just freakout at ur cat or something cuz i really think that there should be more KZ players. Dont u think?

And as u say, there are like 10000 post about this problem :E
[ Edited Fri Feb 16 2007, 06:28PM ]

darkwillow16/02/2007 20:57

Ok I would like to thank everyone exept ANtye ;) for there help. I will try some more.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.