LJ Section

19/03/2013 20:01
Page 1 of 1
2Dex Tournament #219/03/2013 20:01(edited 19/03/2013 20:04)

I personally think that LJ section should be formed not only from the stats,but from blocks.I don't think it is fair that luck desides who will be in top5 and who wont be there.I know it sounds silly,but take me for example.
I did 3 = top5 blocks of all 5 official technique and i don't get to be in tops just because my stats is less.So im 6th everywhere just based on my bad luck. I understand that you want to show only best of the best,but i think this should be defined by blocktops.
What do you think guys?
If you dont agree admins,than post a vote atleast to see what users think about it :)
PS: Don't waste our time with posts like "who cares about lj"

Nokkan19/03/2013 20:15

I think you're right. It's much harder to get block with less stats. I agree.

2Dex Tournament #219/03/2013 20:35

Originally posted by Nokkan
I think you're right. It's much harder to get block with less stats. I agree.

I didnt quite met that :D
Its just that stats doesnt matter.Only block

propanelj record holder19/03/2013 21:21(edited 19/03/2013 21:21)

I agree, having a list like they do on UQ would be quite nice http://unique-kz.com/demos_lj.php

leggie28/03/2013 10:10

well it would be nice but it would cause problems in the long run because let's say LJ for instance, you cant just have the highest block because there is only 1 jumper that has done it, so you have to have the next block down aswell but eventually there will be 20-30 people that have done these things and the list would just get way to big and would have to be limited somehow in the future anyway which would by stats... so i do feel really bad for you, and i do really get what you mean but i don't think it could work in the long run

2Dex Tournament #228/03/2013 17:31(edited 28/03/2013 17:33)

Originally posted by leggie
well it would be nice but it would cause problems in the long run because let's say LJ for instance, you cant just have the highest block because there is only 1 jumper that has done it, so you have to have the next block down aswell but eventually there will be 20-30 people that have done these things and the list would just get way to big and would have to be limited somehow in the future anyway which would by stats... so i do feel really bad for you, and i do really get what you mean but i don't think it could work in the long run

I dont think that there are 20-30 people in the world for each lj wr technique.
Well thanks for the response anyway,leggie :)

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP28/03/2013 17:59(edited 28/03/2013 18:01)

I personally don't see how your proposal is more fair as I don't really consider stats distance random, not at all. The point is, the goal of longjumping is to reach the farthest possible jump, someone lands the block with better stats while someone is behind. Following your logic, landing the block is luck as well.

leggie28/03/2013 18:06

Originally posted by 2Dex
Originally posted by leggie
well it would be nice but it would cause problems in the long run because let's say LJ for instance, you cant just have the highest block because there is only 1 jumper that has done it, so you have to have the next block down aswell but eventually there will be 20-30 people that have done these things and the list would just get way to big and would have to be limited somehow in the future anyway which would by stats... so i do feel really bad for you, and i do really get what you mean but i don't think it could work in the long run

I dont think that there are 20-30 people in the world for each lj wr technique.
Well thanks for the response anyway,leggie :)


no i was saying in the future there will be....

nerv.31/03/2013 17:22

agree with shock.

I think everything you do have a % of luck on it. But you need to practice to get better. This is why no one after breaking a wr could break again and again on a short period of time.

If someone stats are better than yours, he did better moviments with his hands =d

the only issue that i could think/talk about it , is to order the Lv top with who did the block first, but maybe this will demotivate people to record LJ.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.