Could not open timecounter.wad
Hello guys!
Searched for my problem but did not find anything, sorry if this is explained already!
I am new to mapping but I got pretty good knowledge about most stuffs but now that I finished my map I want to add the timecounter.
I can Run Map without problems but when I try to open the map in-game I get "FATAL ERROR: Couldn't open timecounter.wad"
(If I remove the timecounter + buttons map works perfect)
So I wonder if there is a file missing or anything?
I added timecounter.wad + showcounter.wad in textures in VHE.
I have been able to play "spr1n_timer_v1-d.bsp" proper.
I copied the start/stop button plus timer from the .rmf and added into my map and compile works as it should and does not show any errors.
From the compilelog the only thing I find that I think show whats wrong is:
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\timecounter.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'STARTCOUNTER2'
- Contains 2 used textures, 3.85 percent of map (17 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\showcounter.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (306812 bytes): 'MARB07L'
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (29 textures in wad)
Delete this textures:
STARTCOUNTER2
MARB07L
I opened showcounter.wad and timecounter.wad with wally, removed startcounter2 and marb07l and saved, then add the .wads in textures, but when I compile the map i still get the same error when loading the map in-game
I no longer get "Warning: Larger than expected texture" in the compile log, this is making me crazy :(
Did you include the wadfiles into your map?
I am not sure what you mean?
I add the wadfiles in options in VHE like all the other wads i use?
When I add the wadfiles i see the textures proper, start and stop texture on the buttons
I get kind of frustrated that it should be so hard to just add a timecounter -.-
Don't tell you're using VHE to compile. also why do you use showcounter.wad? What is that, the proper timecounter and the good one should use timecounter.wad only and that's all. There's absolute no reason not to work, don't mess with files inside if you're not sure what are you doing.
Edit: You're talking about spr1n's counter? In that case no idea, never used it.
I know what I am doing when I was redoing the .wad files with wally.
I did not know that you only used timecounter.wad, I will remove showcounter.wad then.
I have batch compiler to compile the map, I assume it uses batch compiler when I click Run Map in VHE.
I tried with both kreedz counter and spr1ns counter, but I get the same error from both!
I know that's a long shot but,
if you're not compiling with -nowadtextures do you have the actual wad inside your cs folder?
btw, spr1n's timer does not need any textures, the numbers are sprite-based.
I added timecounter.wad into my csfolder, and now I dont seem to get the error anymore, thanks for the tips byob =)
That is not the proper way Joker.
Include the wadfile in your map. =)
-nowadtextures with hlcsg
Originally posted by hm^That is not the proper way Joker.
Include the wadfile in your map. =)
Hehe okey =) But well, when I added the wadfile in VHE and compiled the map I got the wadfile error when opening the map in CS, after I added the wadfile in my cstrike-folder I didnt get the error anymore, I maybe did something else wrong that cause the error?
Edit: In batch compiler on tab CSG, on the third row you have WAD File, i have details.wad etc there but not timecounter.wad!
Should I add timecounter.wad there aswell? Maybe thats why I get these errors when opening the map?
Originally posted by Kirman-nowadtextures with hlcsg
Is that something I configure in batch compiler? Because I have checked the nowadtextures there :)
if you compile with -nowadtextures parameter of hlcsg, the textures are written inside the bsp so you don't need to have the wad in your folder anymore. if you copy paste the first rows of the compie log where the command line and parameters are written we can tell you what you're doing wrong
Originally posted by byobif you compile with -nowadtextures parameter of hlcsg, the textures are written inside the bsp so you don't need to have the wad in your folder anymore. if you copy paste the first rows of the compie log where the command line and parameters are written we can tell you what you're doing wrong
----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlcsg.exe C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v39
Entering C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v39.map
Current hlcsg Settings
Name | Setting | Default
---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 6 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
max lighting memory [ 6291456 ] [ 6291456 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]
noclip [ off ] [ off ]
null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
clipnode economy mode [ on ] [ on ]
clip hull type [ legacy ] [ legacy ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ on ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
nullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.500 ] [ 0.500 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]
37 brushes (totalling 229 sides) discarded from clipping hulls
CreateBrush:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.25 seconds)
SetModelCenters:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.00 seconds)
CSGBrush:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.25 seconds)
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\timecounter.wad
- Contains 3 used textures, 1.97 percent of map (15 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\halflife.wad
- Contains 127 used textures, 83.55 percent of map (3116 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\cs_assault.wad
- Contains 21 used textures, 13.82 percent of map (22 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\arrowsign.wad
- Contains 1 used texture, 0.66 percent of map (8 textures in wad)
added 23 additional animating textures.
Texture usage is at 2.10 mb (of 4.00 mb MAX)
0.74 seconds elapsed
----- END hlcsg -----
----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
Command line: C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlbsp.exe C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v39
Current hlbsp Settings
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 6 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]
noclip [ off ] [ off ]
nofill [ off ] [ off ]
noopt [ off ] [ off ]
null tex. stripping [ on ] [ on ]
notjunc [ off ] [ off ]
subdivide size [ 240 ] [ 240 ] (Min 64) (Max 512)
max node size [ 1024 ] [ 1024 ] (Min 64) (Max 8192)
SolidBSP [hull 0] 500...1000...1395 (0.05 seconds)
BSP generation successful, writing portal file 'C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v39.prt'
SolidBSP [hull 1] 500...1000...1500...1656 (0.07 seconds)
SolidBSP [hull 2] 500...1000...1500...1586 (0.06 seconds)
SolidBSP [hull 3] 500...1000...1500...1758 (0.09 seconds)
0.86 seconds elapsed
----- END hlbsp -----
----- BEGIN hlvis -----
Command line: C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlvis.exe C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v39
661 portalleafs
2086 numportals
-= Current hlvis Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 6 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
max vis distance [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]
fast vis [ off ] [ off ]
full vis [ off ] [ off ]
BasePortalVis:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.08 seconds)
LeafThread:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (5.98 seconds)
average leafs visible: 203
g_visdatasize:40403 compressed from 54863
6.08 seconds elapsed
----- END hlvis -----
----- BEGIN hlrad -----
Command line: C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlrad.exe C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v39
-= Current hlrad Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
--------------------|---------------------|-------------------------
threads [ 6 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
max lighting memory [ 6291456 ] [ 6291456 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]
vismatrix algorithm [ Original ] [ Original ]
oversampling (-extra)[ off ] [ off ]
bounces [ 1 ] [ 1 ]
bounce dynamic light [ on ] [ on ]
ambient light [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ] [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ]
maximum light [ 255.000 ] [ 256.000 ]
circus mode [ off ] [ off ]
smoothing threshold [ 50.000 ] [ 50.000 ]
direct threshold [ 25.000 ] [ 25.000 ]
direct light scale [ 2.000 ] [ 2.000 ]
coring threshold [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
patch interpolation [ on ] [ on ]
texscale [ on ] [ on ]
patch subdividing [ on ] [ on ]
chop value [ 64.000 ] [ 64.000 ]
texchop value [ 32.000 ] [ 32.000 ]
global fade [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
global falloff [ 2 ] [ 2 ]
global light scale [ 1.000 1.000 1.000 ] [ 1.000 1.000 1.000 ]
global gamma [ 0.500 0.500 0.500 ] [ 0.500 0.500 0.500 ]
global light scale [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
global sky diffusion [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
opaque entities [ on ] [ on ]
sky lighting fix [ on ] [ on ]
incremental [ off ] [ off ]
dump [ off ] [ off ]
colour jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
monochromatic jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
softlight hack [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
diffuse hack [ on ] [ on ]
spotlight points [ on ] [ on ]
custom shadows with bounce light
[ off ] [ off ]
rgb transfers [ off ] [ off ]
[Reading texlights from 'C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\lights.rad']
[59 texlights parsed from 'C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\lights.rad']
5480 faces
Create Patches : 24569 base patches
0 opaque faces
266980 square feet [38445188.00 square inches]
128 direct lights
BuildFacelights:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (3.18 seconds)
visibility matrix : 36.0 megs
BuildVisLeafs:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (7.92 seconds)
MakeScales:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (2.39 seconds)
SwapTransfers:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (1.11 seconds)
Transfer Lists : 36823380 : 36.82M transfers
Indices : 18009884 : 17.18M bytes
Data : 147293520 : 140.47M bytes
Bounce 1 GatherLight:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.26 seconds)
FinalLightFace:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.12 seconds)
15.28 seconds elapsed
----- END hlrad -----
There is no -nowadtextures argument passed to your hlcsg mate, you must be configuring your compiler wrong.
The line must be something like this:
----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlcsg.exe C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v39 -nowadtextures
Picture of CSG Config Batch Compiler
WAD Config Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve
This is a warning, and only a warning, that you are using a larger sized texture in your level(LIKE TO 1000x1000) than some older video cards can handle. It is not a compile error, but it may cause player clients to sieze up if they have an older video card, or are in Software Video Mode. You must decide if you are going to abandon those players, or use another texture.
do u cant enter game or cant complite?
Please log in to post replies.