Batch Compiler error (hlvis.exe)
Hi, so I decided to start to compile with batch compiler instead of VHE (Since I've heard it's highly recommended to compile with batch). So I followed this guide to set up the batch: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?186401.post
So here is the problem:
"Next is VIS at Max Distance I wrote 20000, but I think you can leave it default. ", I first wrote 20000 too, but when I clicked run I got the error saying: hlvis.exe has stopped working. Map works fine, though it was much darker, which is understandable because in the log I saw something about "Warning: No vis information, Direct light only etc".
So after changing the Max Distance to 0, the error doesn't pop up anymore, however the map is incredibly light (almost no shadows). I tried changing the value from 20k down to 10k, even down to 100, the error still pops up if its not left at 0.
So I am clueless what to do now, I really don't want to have a super light map either, since it's in-doors map and it just looks awful with the current lighting. I liked the light when VIS was not running, looked more natural.
It's possible I screwed up setting up my batch before, since at times it was hard to understand the guide (I tried to follow it as closely I could).
Anyways, here is the log, if it's to any help:
Error (hlvis.exe) log:
hlcsg v3.4 Final (Feb 25 2006)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to ([email protected])
----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: "C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Zoner's Half-Life Tools 3.4 Final64 bit (ZHLT)\hlcsg.exe"-nowadtextures -wadcfgfile C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Wads -wadinclude mtz_2k13.wad -wadinclude hero.wad -wadinclude hell.wad -chart -estimate -texdata 8192 -lightdata 6144 "C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Maps RMF\unfinished2"
Entering C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Maps RMF\unfinished2.map
Current hlcsg Settings
Name | Setting | Default
---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 8 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ on ] [ off ]
estimate [ on ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 8388608 ] [ 4194304 ]
max lighting memory [ 6291456 ] [ 6291456 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]
noclip [ off ] [ off ]
null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
clipnode economy mode [ on ] [ on ]
clip hull type [ legacy ] [ legacy ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ off ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
nullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.500 ] [ 0.500 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]
[mtz_2k13.wad]
[hero.wad]
[hell.wad]
1 brushes (totalling 6 sides) discarded from clipping hulls
CreateBrush:
(0.02 seconds)
SetModelCenters:
(0.00 seconds)
CSGBrush:
(0.03 seconds)
Object names Objects/Maxobjs Memory / Maxmem Fullness
------------ --------------- --------------- --------
models 0/400 0/25600 ( 0.0%)
planes 908/32768 18160/655360 ( 2.8%)
vertexes 0/65535 0/786420 ( 0.0%)
nodes 0/32767 0/786408 ( 0.0%)
texinfos 180/32767 7200/1310680 ( 0.5%)
faces 0/65535 0/1310700 ( 0.0%)
clipnodes 0/32767 0/262136 ( 0.0%)
leaves 0/8192 0/229376 ( 0.0%)
marksurfaces 0/65535 0/131070 ( 0.0%)
surfedges 0/512000 0/2048000 ( 0.0%)
edges 0/256000 0/1024000 ( 0.0%)
texdata [variable] 0/8388608 ( 0.0%)
lightdata [variable] 0/6291456 ( 0.0%)
visdata [variable] 0/2097152 ( 0.0%)
entdata [variable] 0/524288 ( 0.0%)
0 textures referenced
=== Total BSP file data space used: 25360 bytes ===
Including Wadfile: \users\mathis\desktop\diverse\mapping\wads\mtz_2k13.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (324750 bytes): '!SLACK_POP2'
- Contains 7 used textures, 41.18 percent of map (386 textures in wad)
Including Wadfile: \users\mathis\desktop\diverse\mapping\wads\hell.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (94 textures in wad)
Including Wadfile: \users\mathis\desktop\diverse\mapping\wads\hero.wad
- Contains 10 used textures, 58.82 percent of map (2149 textures in wad)
added 1 additional animating textures.
Texture usage is at 0.67 mb (of 8.00 mb MAX)
0.08 seconds elapsed
----- END hlcsg -----
hlbsp v3.4 Final (Feb 25 2006)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to ([email protected])
----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
Command line: "C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Zoner's Half-Life Tools 3.4 Final64 bit (ZHLT)\hlbsp.exe"-chart -estimate -texdata 8192 -lightdata 6144 "C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Maps RMF\unfinished2"
Current hlbsp Settings
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 8 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ on ] [ off ]
estimate [ on ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 8388608 ] [ 4194304 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]
noclip [ off ] [ off ]
nofill [ off ] [ off ]
noopt [ off ] [ off ]
null tex. stripping [ on ] [ on ]
notjunc [ off ] [ off ]
subdivide size [ 240 ] [ 240 ] (Min 64) (Max 512)
max node size [ 1024 ] [ 1024 ] (Min 64) (Max 8192)
SolidBSP [hull 0] 177 (0.00 seconds)
BSP generation successful, writing portal file 'C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Maps RMF\unfinished2.prt'
SolidBSP [hull 1] 156 (0.00 seconds)
SolidBSP [hull 2] 124 (0.00 seconds)
SolidBSP [hull 3] 184 (0.00 seconds)
Object names Objects/Maxobjs Memory / Maxmem Fullness
------------ --------------- --------------- --------
models 17/400 1088/25600 ( 4.3%)
planes 390/32768 7800/655360 ( 1.2%)
vertexes 497/65535 5964/786420 ( 0.8%)
nodes 235/32767 5640/786408 ( 0.7%)
texinfos 180/32767 7200/1310680 ( 0.5%)
faces 327/65535 6540/1310700 ( 0.5%)
clipnodes 786/32767 6288/262136 ( 2.4%)
leaves 161/8192 4508/229376 ( 2.0%)
marksurfaces 500/65535 1000/131070 ( 0.8%)
surfedges 1532/512000 6128/2048000 ( 0.3%)
edges 814/256000 3256/1024000 ( 0.3%)
texdata [variable] 705716/8388608 ( 8.4%)
lightdata [variable] 0/6291456 ( 0.0%)
visdata [variable] 0/2097152 ( 0.0%)
entdata [variable] 5988/524288 ( 1.1%)
18 textures referenced
=== Total BSP file data space used: 767116 bytes ===
0.06 seconds elapsed
----- END hlbsp -----
hlrad v3.4 Final (Feb 25 2006)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to ([email protected])
----- BEGIN hlrad -----
Command line: "C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Zoner's Half-Life Tools 3.4 Final64 bit (ZHLT)\hlrad.exe"-customshadowwithbounce -rgbtransfers -extra -sparse -bounce 17 -dscale 1.0 -smooth 180 -falloff 2 -chart -estimate -texdata 8192 -lightdata 6144 -lights "C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\tools\lights.rad""C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Maps RMF\unfinished2"
-= Current hlrad Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
--------------------|---------------------|-------------------------
threads [ 8 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ on ] [ off ]
estimate [ on ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 8388608 ] [ 4194304 ]
max lighting memory [ 6291456 ] [ 6291456 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]
vismatrix algorithm [ Sparse ] [ Original ]
oversampling (-extra)[ on ] [ off ]
bounces [ 17 ] [ 1 ]
bounce dynamic light [ on ] [ on ]
ambient light [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ] [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ]
maximum light [ 255.000 ] [ 256.000 ]
circus mode [ off ] [ off ]
smoothing threshold [ 180.000 ] [ 50.000 ]
direct threshold [ 25.000 ] [ 25.000 ]
direct light scale [ 1.000 ] [ 2.000 ]
coring threshold [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
patch interpolation [ on ] [ on ]
texscale [ on ] [ on ]
patch subdividing [ on ] [ on ]
chop value [ 64.000 ] [ 64.000 ]
texchop value [ 32.000 ] [ 32.000 ]
global fade [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
global falloff [ 2 ] [ 2 ]
global light scale [ 1.000 1.000 1.000 ] [ 1.000 1.000 1.000 ]
global gamma [ 0.500 0.500 0.500 ] [ 0.500 0.500 0.500 ]
global light scale [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
global sky diffusion [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
opaque entities [ on ] [ on ]
sky lighting fix [ on ] [ on ]
incremental [ off ] [ off ]
dump [ off ] [ off ]
colour jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
monochromatic jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
softlight hack [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
diffuse hack [ on ] [ on ]
spotlight points [ on ] [ on ]
custom shadows with bounce light
[ on ] [ off ]
rgb transfers [ on ] [ off ]
[Reading texlights from 'C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Zoner's Half-Life Tools 3.4 Final64 bit (ZHLT)\lights.rad']
[59 texlights parsed from 'C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Zoner's Half-Life Tools 3.4 Final64 bit (ZHLT)\lights.rad']
[Reading texlights from 'C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\tools\lights.rad']
Warning: Redundant '+0~WHITE' def in 'C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Diverse\Mapping\Zoner's Half-Life Tools 3.4 Final64 bit (ZHLT)\lights.rad' AND 'C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\tools\lights.rad'!
[1 texlights parsed from 'C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\tools\lights.rad']
Warning: No vis information, direct lighting only.
327 faces
Create Patches : 1854 base patches
0 opaque faces
18426 square feet [2653455.75 square inches]
6 direct lights
BuildFacelights:
(0.26 seconds)
FinalLightFace:
(0.02 seconds)
Object names Objects/Maxobjs Memory / Maxmem Fullness
------------ --------------- --------------- --------
models 17/400 1088/25600 ( 4.3%)
planes 390/32768 7800/655360 ( 1.2%)
vertexes 497/65535 5964/786420 ( 0.8%)
nodes 235/32767 5640/786408 ( 0.7%)
texinfos 180/32767 7200/1310680 ( 0.5%)
faces 327/65535 6540/1310700 ( 0.5%)
clipnodes 786/32767 6288/262136 ( 2.4%)
leaves 161/8192 4508/229376 ( 2.0%)
marksurfaces 500/65535 1000/131070 ( 0.8%)
surfedges 1532/512000 6128/2048000 ( 0.3%)
edges 814/256000 3256/1024000 ( 0.3%)
texdata [variable] 705716/8388608 ( 8.4%)
lightdata [variable] 46101/6291456 ( 0.7%)
visdata [variable] 0/2097152 ( 0.0%)
entdata [variable] 5988/524288 ( 1.1%)
18 textures referenced
=== Total BSP file data space used: 813217 bytes ===
0.30 seconds elapsed
----- END hlrad -----
Ps: I am sorry if the solution is obvious or something, it's just that I am really bad at errors and finding solutions when it comes to mapping and VHE. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
[blockquote]Warning: No vis information, direct lighting only.[/blockquote]
Did you only use texturelightning?
Otherwise try to add one light - pointenity and make a testcompile.
Originally posted by hm^[blockquote]Warning: No vis information, direct lighting only.[/blockquote]
Did you only use texturelightning?
Otherwise try to add one light - pointenity and make a testcompile.
What exactly do you mean with that? Could you go dumb it down a notch, since I am not veteran when it comes to mapping. But hey, the problem appears only when I leave the Max Distance at 0 (Very bright map, almost no shadows), if I adjust the value, I get the hlvis.exe has stopped working error and a rather dark map (with imo, good light).
That's what I would want to accomplish, to tune down the brightness. (I tried to edit the light digits from 150 down to 100, but doesn't seem to affect the map lightning at all).
Same with light_ environment, no effect. =/
I'm positive that it's batch compiler error of some sort (or I possibly screwed up when I was setting up batch), because when I compile the map through VHE, the light is good. But doesn't seem to work through batch.
set:
max viewable distance: 9999
light_enviroment:
brightness:
xxx xxx xxx 50
That normally have to work to get the map a little bit darker.
Otherwise add me in steam. =)
where's your hlvis?
I only see csg, bsp and then rad complaining about no vis information which is normal, as I don't see VIS anywhere
Problem fixed.
Yes, problem fixed. I left the max distance at default which was zero, and adjusted the lights in VHE. Big thanks to hm^ for helping me with this :-)
You can close this thread!
Please log in to post replies.