Lag spikes when recording a demo

Started by c-walker`
09/04/2013 12:31
Page 1 of 1
c-walker`09/04/2013 12:31

Hi guys. I've been trying to record some maps, but it's impossible atm due to those f*** fps drops. I searched all the internet for similar problems, but I didn't manage to fix it. If it matters, I'm using a laptop Lenovo Z570 - dual core @ 2.1GHz, 8gb ram, 1gb GPU Nvidia and Windows 8 64bit. I'd appreciate any help related to my problem, thanks :)

~krater~09/04/2013 12:41

I have that problems while playing on steam, I can't help you :(

Torex-):-D moviemaker09/04/2013 12:46

check if ur hl.exe uses integrated video card or the "proper" one
i have this problem, and dno how to fix it...its grayed out in nvidia control panel :|

Kkassu09/04/2013 12:49

try running cs on 1 protsessor ?

anyThlNG09/04/2013 12:52

Laptop screens have 60 Hz refresh rate (most of them) and i think this is the reason. I have the same problem with core i7 @ 2.2GHz & 2 GB Radeon on windows 8 x64.
Help will be appreciated :)

Torex-):-D moviemaker09/04/2013 13:44(edited 09/04/2013 13:48)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=3JZ8X6crdhA
fixed

anything, laptops use integrated gpu while u are browsing internet and so, this way your battery lasts longer

stragest thing is that u cant set what card do you want for cs to use, upper link is a walkthrough how to "fix" it

anyThlNG09/04/2013 17:30

I have switchable graphics options where I configure if an application should use the graphics processor or the integrated one. fps ingame is constant 100.5 but i have there is lag

Torex-):-D moviemaker09/04/2013 19:58

Originally posted by anyThlNG
I have the same problem with core i7 @ 2.2GHz & 2 GB Radeon on windows 8 x64.


well then your problem is certenly not the same

fizik10/04/2013 11:32(edited 10/04/2013 11:32)

yoyo what hard drive do you have? i used to have this with my old pc, i had some seagate. i used a program called quietHDD to fix that (you had to use it everytime you started your pc) and it might also damage your hard drive a bit (didn't for me atleast).
here's a picture of what i changed:
http://i1-win.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/quietHDD_4.png

you had to move the upper one to the right and the bottom one to the left. or the other way around. give it a try

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.