Include .wad in .bsp

Started by trasseL
17/04/2013 00:35
Page 1 of 1
trasseL17/04/2013 00:35

Hello!

I have problems with including my .wad-files when compiling to .bsp.

Compilation log:

----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlcsg.exe C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v40
Entering C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Server\cstrike\maps\bkz_assault_v40.map

Current hlcsg Settings
Name | Setting | Default
---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 6 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
max lighting memory [ 6291456 ] [ 6291456 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
clipnode economy mode [ on ] [ on ]
clip hull type [ legacy ] [ legacy ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ on ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
nullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.500 ] [ 0.500 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]

Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]

37 brushes (totalling 229 sides) discarded from clipping hulls
CreateBrush:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.26 seconds)
SetModelCenters:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.00 seconds)
CSGBrush:
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... (0.25 seconds)

Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\timecounter.wad
- Contains 2 used textures, 1.32 percent of map (15 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\halflife.wad
- Contains 127 used textures, 83.55 percent of map (3116 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\cs_assault.wad
- Contains 21 used textures, 13.82 percent of map (22 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\arrowsign.wad
- Contains 2 used textures, 1.32 percent of map (2 textures in wad)

added 16 additional animating textures.
Texture usage is at 2.12 mb (of 4.00 mb MAX)
0.72 seconds elapsed

----- END hlcsg -----

Picture: Batch Compiler CSG Config
I have checked so the wad.cfg is in the right folder.

----- Wad Config -----

I have these lines put into my wad.cfg:

cs
{
// counter-strike specific wads
c:\Sierra\Half-Life\cstrike\n0th1ng.wad
c:\Sierra\Half-Life\cstrike\cstrike.wad
include c:\users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\timecounter.wad
include c:\users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\halflife.wad
include c:\users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\cs_assault.wad
include c:\users\tommy\desktop\mapping\wads\arrowsign.wad


// standard half-life wads
c:\Sierra\Half-Life\valve\halflife.wad
c:\Sierra\Half-Life\valve\liquids.wad
c:\Sierra\Half-Life\valve\xeno.wad
c:\Sierra\Half-Life\valve\decals.wad
}

--------------------------------

From the compilation log you can read:

Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]


But, I can't seem to find anything anywhere that is including zhlt.wad, I have checked every setting, config everywhere I can find.

I hope someone has an answer for me, I am sure I have made a simple mistake somewhere or something is missing!

Thanks, j0kER`

Branndonn17/04/2013 02:49

Try this file I made for you, usually people don't include wads anymore



Click


Just put that where your hlbsp.exe and the rest of the exe also put your bkz_assualt_v40.map in the same spot too and see if it compiles

nerv.17/04/2013 04:48

on just write "$csg_exe" , "$path\$file -nowadtextures" this is without batchcompiler.

try withtout this compiler , if works then the problem is configuring the batch compiler.

byob mapper17/04/2013 10:45

I think you're misunderstanding something here. Wadinclude does not write the textures into your bsp. The parameter that makes this happen is -nowadtextures with the CSG compiler, which is still missing from your compile log.

Try checking additional parameters and type in -nowadtextures.

trasseL17/04/2013 15:45

Originally posted by Branndonn
Try this file I made for you, usually people don't include wads anymore



Click


Just put that where your hlbsp.exe and the rest of the exe also put your bkz_assualt_v40.map in the same spot too and see if it compiles


Tried exactly what you said, did not work :(

trasseL17/04/2013 15:46

Originally posted by byob
I think you're misunderstanding something here. Wadinclude does not write the textures into your bsp. The parameter that makes this happen is -nowadtextures with the CSG compiler, which is still missing from your compile log.

Try checking additional parameters and type in -nowadtextures.


I have tried -nowadtextures both on additional parameters in CSG and when compiling the map in the "game parameters"-field, none of those worked either :(

trasseL17/04/2013 15:49

Originally posted by nerv.
on just write "$csg_exe" , "$path\$file -nowadtextures" this is without batchcompiler.

try withtout this compiler , if works then the problem is configuring the batch compiler.


I do not really understand what you are saying in the first sentence :S

I could try to compile the map without batch compiler, but I have no idea how to do that, how do I disable BC without removing the program?

Why don't you just fit your messages in one post?

trasseL17/04/2013 23:37

I couldnt quote all at the same time when I was replying, so this was the easiest way to answer those peope who tries to help me.

nerv.18/04/2013 00:27

well, BC is better but i think you is new at mapping so my tip is :" try to keep simple.

know how hammer works than you search more prograns to help your work. I dont use BC so often but you need to add a parameter on CSG Compiler:
-nowadtextures

Try to unmark that Wad config and leave blank space. And keep "No Wad Textures" marked.

Branndonn18/04/2013 06:56

j0ker upload your .rmf file for me and all the wads you used and I'll compile it for you..

sn00p mapper18/04/2013 08:59

He need to solve his problem on his own.

First off did you add your .wad's on your WAD.TXT file? Not .cfg the one I'm talking about is on the HLFIX folder. You do not need to mess with wad.cfg AT ALL

Find your wad.txt in (Batch Compiler\Half-Life Editing\HL-Compiled\HL1 Tools\HLFix) maybe it's different for you. And add there your wads like this.


D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\xComblock.wad
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\xDeathtales2.wad
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\zTemple.wad



Then open Batch Compiler and in the HLFix tab, add the wad.txt, the option is down there. Then in CSG tab check No WAD Textures and WAD Auto Detect.

That's all. If it's not working, you're doing something wrong on your end.

trasseL19/04/2013 02:46

Originally posted by Branndonn
j0ker upload your .rmf file for me and all the wads you used and I'll compile it for you..


That would be the easy way sure, but as sn00p says, I need and Want to learn to solve my own problems, otherwise, am I going to ask someone to compile my map everytime?:D Thanks anyway!

Originally posted by sn00p
He need to solve his problem on his own.

First off did you add your .wad's on your WAD.TXT file? Not .cfg the one I'm talking about is on the HLFIX folder. You do not need to mess with wad.cfg AT ALL

Find your wad.txt in (Batch Compiler\Half-Life Editing\HL-Compiled\HL1 Tools\HLFix) maybe it's different for you. And add there your wads like this.


D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\xComblock.wad
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\xDeathtales2.wad
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\zTemple.wad



Then open Batch Compiler and in the HLFix tab, add the wad.txt, the option is down there. Then in CSG tab check No WAD Textures and WAD Auto Detect.

That's all. If it's not working, you're doing something wrong on your end.


I have added them to the wad.cfg, so that was wrong by me, but I cant seem to find this hlfix folder anywhere, I even reinstalled BC..

I would like to try and compie my map this way though!

For now I have solved the problem on my own and I am including my .wads I want in the .bsp with the following:

[blockquote]C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlcsg.exe -estimate -wadinclude arrowsign.wad C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.map
C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlbsp.exe -estimate C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.map
C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlvis.exe -full -estimate C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.map
C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\hlrad.exe -extra -estimate C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.map
del C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.p0
del C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.p1
del C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.p2
del C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.p3
del C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.p4
del C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.max

notepad.exe C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps\bkz_assault_v41.log[/blockquote]
Saved as .bat and run the file in the same folder as the .map, the problem I came up with then was that the textures I use additive on doesn't become additive, but that will be the next problem hehe :D

sn00p mapper19/04/2013 11:18

Use this BC http://halflife.bluefang-logic.com/file.htm?act=view&id=1

And do as I said, everything will work just fine.

trasseL20/04/2013 00:53

Originally posted by sn00p
Use this BC http://halflife.bluefang-logic.com/file.htm?act=view&id=1

And do as I said, everything will work just fine.


Tried to do exactly as you said and it is still not working, this is making me go nuts soon -.-

I tried almost every possible combination of settings that would make sense and nothing is working that I try..

This is my BC Preset File: -link-
[blockquote]RMF Directory: C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps
wad.txt Directory: C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\Maps
Full path to .wad-files inside wad.txt(one per line):
C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\WADs\arrowsign.wad
C:\Users\Tommy\Desktop\Mapping\WADs\timecounter.wad
Input File: RMF
[/blockquote]
I have done exactly as everything says it should be configured, and it is still not working.. I am starting to think that something is broken somewhere..

sn00p mapper20/04/2013 10:55(edited 20/04/2013 10:58)

Sorry, why aren't your .wads in your /cstrike/ folder?

And second thing, leave the wad.txt where is it, in the HLFix folder.

Move the wads into your /cstrike/ folder, re-config everything to match your new locations, check them twice, wad folder, wad.txt file and BC settings and paths in HLFix tab, the problem is on your end.

And seeing that you keep your map/rmf on Desktop is a bad choice, that might require (in some cases) admin rights, as Run as Administrator on Batch Compiler, so you better do yourself a favor and organize your work better.

As keep a folder in your D: partition or w/e you want with your .RMFs files.

KarLi mapper21/04/2013 11:53

man use on batch /csg/ wad auto detect

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.