Wondering
So, since I remember hm^'s tbt map got declined, it was a great map and everyone agreed, if I am not wrong...
Now Phinx made a map, where I had tons of fun playing it, because it was hard to find some ways, it has some on porpuse sc and it gets declined, I don't know if XJ is trolling or they are serious but I made something for you guys!
Here is my answer to those 2 declines :)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/by7n60
Good job XJ, you are on your way to Diamond!
Hasta
(Btw warn me for having same opinion as 80% of XJ)
bkZ|PsYxOpAt wrote an answer on chatbox why Phinx's and kicius's map was declined ) WEll he refused to fix some minor bugs so we denied it. The map was already accepted before that.
I played this map, its great but the real question is why Phinx and Kicius REFUSED to fix minor bugs ?
Why would they fix what is made on porpuse? Why would they fix a shortcut what they made to be there? Like, or you make this bhops or this 250, why would they fix a normal fence, why would they put arrows to people find the way? Use your brain, your mother gave you one, it's just lol...
By the way, Kicius never said "NO I WONT FIX" and Phinx just said he wont and he would tell Kicius if he wanted to Phinx, there wasnt any NO from them
I dont think it was about the shortcuts which were made on purpose. Mapchecking team could find some bugs like this or similar : http://oi42.tinypic.com/2we03rs.jpg no ? There is no need to be harsh. Im sure PsYxOpAt can give you detailed answer if you ask him.
I've the chat from Phinx, he copied it into a notepad, and the conversation was just lol ;)
Nevermind, cosy will accept it and it will be played anyway
Originally posted by zythH^Nevermind, cosy will accept it and it will be played anyway
As far as i know kickus or whatever his nickname is don't want to release map on CC.
zythH^, why don't you tell people the whole thing when you have the log?
The conversation ends with PsYxOpAt asking "are you going to fix the map?"
And Phinx goes offline/deletes him without an answer.
I do not believe this is a mature way to end a discussion. Since it is too much for Phinx to say "yes" or "no" to psyxo's question, why making all this fuzz?
PsYxOpAt had stated things as null bugs to be fixed, which in mapper terms means not that much.
I'm not much of a fan of XJ's mapchecking system either, but this time they got the point.
Nikolaa, with all respect towards you, was that a fucking joke? I mean, cobkz_neon must be map of 2012 and they declined it with 30~ votes, there were such an amazing maps on poles what got declined because of 1 or 2 bugs, let me see how bugs I can find on new maps, if I join 10 minutes on every new map (last 2 months) I bet I can find some 2 or 3 bugs plus shortcuts, and they got accepted, MAYBE, Phinx was immature but MAYBE he is tired of people saying "fix the sc" if the sc is made on porpuse, if people say "Make it more realistic", so when you go to school/work you have arrows telling you the way, obviously you do!
I won't disagree about 2 facts in your post, immature reaction and no answer towards PsYxOpAt but there are some missing points and this community is living a kinda corrupted thing and another point on mapping!
There are a few jumpers, as nukk, shNz, NAPZ, other guys with damn crazy fast bhop, who can't actually focus on new maps, why? 99% of new maps are the same as climb for 50 minutes or a damn hard climb for 10 minutes long! Lol ok I won't disrespect any mapper, the maps are great, good job mappers but common XJ, I watched more times keltA WR on bkz_goldbhop than all demos from new big maps, and believe, there are lots of demos on new maps... Since I remember releases, I only found a short map, was this new one, kzcn from coma! And still is not bhop and it's about 2 minutes... Why doesn't XJ accepts something like bkz_goldbhop, bkz_junglebhop, cg_cbblebhop and fast maps like these? Why only accept the hardest ones and bigger ones? To give us more challenges? No way, LEWLY can rape everyone nowadays, what's the point of making maps for specific players? I mean, with bhop maps you would have like 15 players fighting for it, on maps like, well, maps where LEWLY totally destroys the map, there is no fight...
My point is, XJ is accepting extreme and big maps, fine with, but maybe that maps should be 50% of the pool, instead 99%!
I hope you got my point
Originally posted by PU9makerbkZ|PsYxOpAt wrote an answer on chatbox why Phinx's and kicius's map was declined ) WEll he refused to fix some minor bugs so we denied it. The map was already accepted before that.
I played this map, its great but the real question is why Phinx and Kicius REFUSED to fix minor bugs ?
Yikes! A opening in the wall that has no effect on the performance, whatsoever.
Really?
zythH^, your points are constantly changing, first you insult xj, then you try to defend poor Phinx (hm^ or whoever, they sure can't do it themselves), then you suddenly start talking about mapckecking system flaws.
as for your last point - we know that popularity of a certain map has nothing to do with quality. so should xj accept every goldbhop-like map? it'll be popular anyway, much more popular than these uberlong uberhard maps noone really likes. you have your cosy-climbing with pretty much the same faces.
there's one more thing. there are few great short ezclimb/bhop maps in maplist, but noone wants to make them anymore, because it actually takes days/weeks, and at the same time - it takes an hour or two to make goldbhop-like map (which will probably be more popular - it's all about luck and your nickname anyway) so why bother.
and ye, blaming xj is sure the best thing to do, gratz on that.
First, I am not blaming or offending XJ, I am blaming the criteria from mapchecking, secondly, I am not defeding Phinx (who cannot do it since he is banned ;) and hm^ or Cobrex, I am defending such amazing maps to PLAY, if I wanted to watch them, lol I would play AC to watch REAL maps, I want to play those maps, when I mean goldbhop, I mean the style of the map, not the textures, it can have detail, it can be better, but the style is what I meant...
And my point, XJ musn't accept whole goldbhop-like maps, or should I say, I don't remember XJ accept any like that since daza plus Cobrex map what was a the style of map to play I am talking about, with some bhops, with some climb and with not uberpuperhard jumps! Lol is not from me but if I showed up today and went to check latest maps I would instantly leave XJ, your maps are so hard for newcomers that I can't even explain it l0l, imagine you can't even 210 longjump and you have to try maps who only koukouz could do it without cp/gc (qsk_azure), and I will re-write the things I always said, qsk_azure is one of my favourite maps when I want to geek some but ffs, is it really necessary to release 90% hard maps instead 40% extreme, 10% average, 40% easy, is it really hard? There are some few easy maps what could be here...
Well since I am n0t a uber superb famous guy I've no vote, I am out legendary brothers!
Delete or close this topic, I don't stand this bitching against unknown people anymore, cuz aint nobody got time for that..
Nothing against you qui but now I got this, I got it, unknown people can't even comment an opinion of what's happening ;)
As I said! SORRY XJ FOR BEING A COCK! Delete the topic pl0x
u've got a point with those hard/extreme maps. Downloaded the latest maps , tried to play then figured out i cant even do the first set of jumps so Ive checked the looks and quited :D. Seriously I cant LJ i cant really do long bhop combos and these new maps require some serious skill. Not to mention doing records on those maps takes nerves of f-king steel.
oh, you were merely shitting on Blake's map in your demo (while trying to prove your point so that's ok right?), not straight insulting xj, sorry for that. what was the point of the thread again? 2 maps? go talk with hm^ and nominate your tbt_ one and spread the word, then you can complain if it'll be denied with enough votes. or go convince Phinx to fix the bugs if you chat with him that often. if you want to do something productive at least. or don't assume xj is trolling when mappers themselves don't care about these maps anymore. it's not like maps were denied without any reason.
then you're talking about lack of easy maps. but westblock2 will be accepted soon (i hope), ph_k_after could be accepted (or might be accepted someday if mappers change their mind). maybe something else i don't know about yet. there're only few active mappers so dont expect 5 easy maps in a row out of nowhere. oh, and if you check more than 5-7 last maps you might be surprised. community doesnt care about map nominations, most mappers are inactive. oh, and threads like this only make things worse, not better.
zythH^, i might be wrong but your attitude feels kinda similar to some people you mentioned in your post. and again, i might be wrong, but this attitude could even be one of the reasons some maps were denied and some people were banned ;)
discussion is over i guess, since you declared youself a victim.
zythh why u cant play a map if its not on the list?
Originally posted by quioh, you were merely shitting on Blake's map in your demo (while trying to prove your point so that's ok right?), not straight insulting xj, sorry for that. what was the point of the thread again? 2 maps? go talk with hm^ and nominate your tbt_ one and spread the word, then you can complain if it'll be denied with enough votes. or go convince Phinx to fix the bugs if you chat with him that often. if you want to do something productive at least. or don't assume xj is trolling when mappers themselves don't care about these maps anymore. it's not like maps were denied without any reason.
then you're talking about lack of easy maps. but westblock2 will be accepted soon (i hope), ph_k_after could be accepted (or might be accepted someday if mappers change their mind). maybe something else i don't know about yet. there're only few active mappers so dont expect 5 easy maps in a row out of nowhere. oh, and if you check more than 5-7 last maps you might be surprised. community doesnt care about map nominations, most mappers are inactive. oh, and threads like this only make things worse, not better.
zythH^, i might be wrong but your attitude feels kinda similar to some people you mentioned in your post. and again, i might be wrong, but this attitude could even be one of the reasons some maps were denied and some people were banned ;)
discussion is over i guess, since you declared youself a victim.
I am not a victim, I am unfamous and unskilled ;) Way different!
qui the point is, I told Phinx to NOT put arrows and do not fix the on porpuse SC but fix the "bugs". If you didn't know, you know it now.
Hello,
I will try to explain this only once.
Let me start with Cobrex's map - cobkz_neon. Yes, the map was denied and yes people raged about that. Therefore XJ had an internal discussion and decided to release the map if Cobrex fix few minor bugs (null bugs and some invisible walls which could distract and confuse people). Cobrex agreed to do this and we never heard anything more from him and his map.
Phinx's case is similar. There is not doubt that the map had many positive votes and there is a reason for that. The map is good and the jumps are cool and entertaining, which could make the map very popular.
However, while we checked the map we found many null bugs, which should be fixed. This rule was set before many years and it's followed by all mappers. We also found few shortcuts, some small and some huge. Our job is to report all the shortcuts no matter if those shortcuts were made on purpose or no. Usually small shortcuts could be left like that, but we also found one shortcut which could skipp 50%+ of the map. We also reported some other bugs/suggestions to the mapper and he raged at me and the other admins. I'm sorry, but all these bugs could be fixed in 15 or 20 minutes. About the arrows suggestion. I think it was a good idea and by putting arrows I didn't mean that he had to put arrows in every corner, but on a few places where I thought it's really necessary, because it's really hard to find where to go.
All in all many other mappers including me, had to fix tons of bugs and resubmit many times before XJ finally accepts our maps. So I really don't see a point why Phinx raged at me like this. I can show you the whole log if you want to see that I ask him if he is going to fix all those bugs and resubmit and he doesn't give me a straight answer.
PsYxOpAt I see what you are saying and as I said, maybe he was kid by don't fix the null bugs but shortcuts are kinda pointless, there are so many maps what are raped by shortcuts and when they got released no one saw them, every map has one big shortcut, just needs to be found, about Cobrex, well, I know how hard he worked, you can see on thanks that I was on 70% or 80% on his lan testing the map, bugs, shortcuts, bla bla bla, and I know that and he told me that he was kinda tired of working a lot and do even more for that because of some minor mistakes wont be worth of 2 hours renders and Cosy would accept it easily if I remember our chat (was a long time ago tho).
PsYxOpAt for what I can see you are the first one who could actually argue with me without pointing the fact or at least, making it, that I can't argue since I am unfamous or unknown over here! I thank you for that, also, if I had so many work like Kicius and Phinx I would just fix the null bugs and that 50% shortcut, because the rest would give them more work and that wouldn't be really necessary.
But I will ask again, close the thread, I am not patient enough to such useless conversations/threads like this, I made this to kinda open some eyes, I can see those eyes are mad at me at the moment so better leave this in a corner and I will still and keep player their map.
coudln't load demo w/o lamp.mdl
Please log in to post replies.