About demo rules.

Started by Xunfop
30/06/2013 22:40
Page 1 of 1
Xunfop30/06/2013 22:40

This is what you wrote in demo rules

[blockquote]You are not allowed to use one of the old protocols (eg. protocol 47).
-> Changes in the protocol might affect the game's physics which could cause slight advantages or disadvantages compared to the latest version.[/blockquote]

What the latest version mean?
latest protocol version? or latest cs version?

WeMeRA02/07/2013 08:42(edited 02/07/2013 08:44)

The latest version of cs you might call it.

There were an update few years ago that changed the protocol to 48 instead of 47. So, if you've have cs on steam this won't be a problem at all.

cC|Nikolaa02/07/2013 12:09

Originally posted by WeMeRA
The latest version of cs you might call it.

There were an update few years ago that changed the protocol to 48 instead of 47. So, if you've have cs on steam this won't be a problem at all.


Latest version of CS (Counter-Strike) is Global Offensive?

---

By writing `version` in the console you'd get this (if your is up2date):

] version 
Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.7/Stdio (cstrike)
Exe build: 17:47:17 Apr 25 2013 (6027)


I believe I have the latest one

Xunfop02/07/2013 22:35

Originally posted by cC|Nikolaa
Originally posted by WeMeRA
The latest version of cs you might call it.

There were an update few years ago that changed the protocol to 48 instead of 47. So, if you've have cs on steam this won't be a problem at all.

Latest version of CS (Counter-Strike) is Global Offensive?

---

By writing `version` in the console you'd get this (if your is up2date):

] version 
Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.7/Stdio (cstrike)
Exe build: 17:47:17 Apr 25 2013 (6027)


I believe I have the latest one


How about using old CS like version 4554?

cC|Nikolaa02/07/2013 23:20

Originally posted by Xunfop
How about using old CS like version 4554?


Well I would say that it would matter how you interpret the rules.

As they are written atm, I understand them like:

1) You must use the newest protocol (older can affect gaming)
2) You must use the latest version of CS

If they mean 1) then any version on p48 shall be ok
If they mean 2) then no


But the staff should explain what do they understand by this and how shall we follow it as a rule.

WeMeRA03/07/2013 06:53

Originally posted by cC|Nikolaa
Originally posted by WeMeRA
The latest version of cs you might call it.

There were an update few years ago that changed the protocol to 48 instead of 47. So, if you've have cs on steam this won't be a problem at all.


Latest version of CS (Counter-Strike) is Global Offensive?

---

By writing `version` in the console you'd get this (if your is up2date):

] version 
Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.7/Stdio (cstrike)
Exe build: 17:47:17 Apr 25 2013 (6027)


I believe I have the latest one


That's a new game, not another version.

Xunfop03/07/2013 23:28

Originally posted by cC|Nikolaa
Originally posted by Xunfop
How about using old CS like version 4554?


Well I would say that it would matter how you interpret the rules.

As they are written atm, I understand them like:

1) You must use the newest protocol (older can affect gaming)
2) You must use the latest version of CS

If they mean 1) then any version on p48 shall be ok
If they mean 2) then no


But the staff should explain what do they understand by this and how shall we follow it as a rule.


That mean we should wait demo admins explain now?

leggie04/07/2013 00:05

it's just the protocol, the newest updates havent changed the protocol, if it ever upgrades again to 49 then everybody would have to update

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.