Recording with old cs client.

13/07/2013 13:49
Page 1 of 1

Many players didn't update thier cs client due to different reasons.
Someone doesnt want to lose all content in cstrike folder (make copy is not for us)
Someone is too lazy to put 7 cvars in config
And someone can just use old cs client for cheating (updated cs has less possibilities for cheating)
So maybe xj should restrict using old cs for world records? Like it was with 47 protocol and non-steam?

fakan15/07/2013 01:14

exactly , records would get a bit more trustable and would be lil easier for checker too i think

dEMolite mapper15/07/2013 01:21(edited 15/07/2013 01:22)

mh strange, with the update i haven't lost anything out of my cstrike folders.. demos, screenshots or custom maps everything is just still there, but yes demos should be restricted to the actual cs version

leggie15/07/2013 02:06

this is something that is very important IMO and i assure you i'll post this in the admin section and hopefully get this to go through (as i agree)

mao moviemaker31/07/2013 07:11

I think it's a whole different jumping with new update, harder I mean.

hoLy mapper31/07/2013 10:01

Why should it be harder ma0netz? It's the same freaking game.

I posted this idea 1 or 2 months ago, just saying.

quikmooh31/07/2013 10:18

Originally posted by ma0netz
I think it's a whole different jumping with new update, harder I mean.


I've not seen anything different in my playing between old and new.. And there was like +2 launch options commands, and +3 config commands that was needed to add. (like nomsaa, nofbo, 99.5fps etc.)

mao moviemaker01/08/2013 01:02

maybe I'm not setting the game correctly, nvm. I think it should be added to the rules, but idk if checking the game version is a doable thing

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.