HLAE PROBLEM
Hey guys!
I gotta be honest.
I don't know what I do, but my HLAE is bugged.
The problem is that I'm a stupid idiot. =D
I deleted my HLAE, don't know why and then download it again. =D
But, something is wrong. I can't open it, cuz it gives me error.
*Error Message*
"SteamStartup(0xf,0x18fb28) failed it with error 108: The local Steam Service is not running"
What should I do now?
My settings are correct. But maybe I know where the problem is. I think the problem came from Steam. But wait, I don't have Steam. =D
So, maybe I need Non-Steam HLAE?
Please, tell me what to do.
If the problem came from Steam, tell me what to do, cuz I really have no idea. Or if I need Non-Steam HLAE, give me link. =D
My previous HLAE was from MovieNations. Now links are broken.. =( My current HLAE is downloaded from advancedfx.org. This is the original HLAE site, isn't it?
First time, when I opened my current HLAE, I didn't get error, but I didn't get HLAE opened too. And then, BAAM! Steam error! Every f*cking time! What a pleasure.. ♥
Ok guys! That's all, thanks for reading and please, response fast. =)
This error might happen if there is an extra copy of Steam.dll in one of the game directories or in the system path.
There should only be one Steam.dll in your Steam install directory, typically:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.dll
or
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steam.dll
The fastest way to find errant steam.dll files is to use your O/S search function from your Start button:
Start > Search > For Files or Folders > all files and folders
then enter steam.dll in the all or part of the file name: box and click on the search button.
You should only have one Steam installation on your system so you should only have one copy of steam.dll.
If you find any others then delete them.
I found the answer on the stea site , wish it helped you.
Gosh.. Thanks for this massive reply. =D But I already fix it. Anyways thanks! Problem solved. You can lock the thread.
Please log in to post replies.