Issue with loading specific maps

Started by CuDi
05/09/2013 08:21
Page 1 of 1
CuDi05/09/2013 08:21

For whatever reason, at a seemingly random time I can no longer play the following maps:

kz_abstract_plane
kz_brickfacility
kz_emblem

Whenever I try to load any of the three cs crashes instantly upon spawning with no error. Oddly enough, as far as I know I have changed nothing in terms of settings that could have had an impact on this, unless this update with Half-Life may have had something to do with it which I doubt would be the case. Even still, why would my settings be to blame?

I tried deleting all files from each map and re-downloading but that was to no avail.

Maybe My CS client no longer likes Timmycakes? (Although I can still run aggressive and bleu no problem.)

Would anyone happen to know the issue?

KooleN05/09/2013 12:48

Maybe you missing some files like sprites, sounds, gfx to run those maps? But I would suggest you to look for a .wad file. Hope I helped.

propanelj record holder05/09/2013 15:33

i cant launch some of the cs_ maps, for example militia and mansion, it crashes back to the starting screen

CuDi05/09/2013 19:49(edited 05/09/2013 20:12)

Originally posted by KooleN
Maybe you missing some files like sprites, sounds, gfx to run those maps? But I would suggest you to look for a .wad file. Hope I helped.


None of the three maps use .wad files because the textures from each map are attached to the respective .bsp.

EDIT: When I try to play abstract_plane, and brickfacility now, I get the error "NUM_FOR_EDICT: bad pointer"

CuDi10/09/2013 21:22(edited 10/09/2013 21:22)

I managed to fix the issue. I made an issue report on github and it has been fixed, as long as you're running the beta version of cs.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/1349

The maps will work no problem in the next official cs/Half-Life update.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.