Surf

Started by Olbrien
28/09/2013 23:15
Page 1 of 1
Olbrien28/09/2013 23:15(edited 28/09/2013 23:16)

Does anyone here play surf?

It's a sad thing actually, I love to play Surf maps, but the problem is that there isn't many surf maps, servers are empty most of the times.

The scene is slowing dieing, World-surf.com is dieing.

In my opinion they need new maps ASAP, problem is, there isn't many surf mappers.

I guess the scene is doomed.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #229/09/2013 00:32

I do, from time to time :-)

nerv.29/09/2013 02:01

i dont know how to surf very well, but i made some maps to WS community trying to help but after valve update i dont think the surf community can survive =/

g-Lprecord holder Tournament #129/09/2013 12:36

The valve update kinda fucked up the community, even if it was already dying slowy.

There still the legendary surf server from XS who' still there since years with new maps sometimes.

85.195.107.30:27015

jack frog29/09/2013 13:41

I love surfing! :)

Does anybody know a server with old school maps?

nobody^29/09/2013 14:12

Got me interested..
Yes, I'd love to practice some surfing. I suppose I'd go for it.

tOni-29/09/2013 16:29(edited 29/09/2013 16:36)

Hi xj peeps.

No Valve didnt kill anything, and yes they changed the engine fps when using fps_max 131 as we all used to play with. But its not hard to get used to it. It just makes it a bit harder for some maps. Im also not that active anymore i used to be before 2013. I would love to upload world records again tho, but iv played this for a damn long time, need something to motivate me again.

Creating new maps isnt the main problem, the problem is that we dont rly have an active site only for surf and upload demos etc. we also need to figure it out with the 2013 engine but as i said its not rly a problem.


Olbrien29/09/2013 16:41

Well, probably the only way to save the surf scene would be merging it with XJ. And thats most likely a no.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.