mouse suddenly accelerating
hellu, I'm having an issue with my G5, when I play cs and only cs my mouse suddenly accelerates like twice the speed it normally has for a second or so every 30 sec to a minute. I'm using rinput and launch commands even though I've heard they're not needed anymore. I've had the G5 for well over a year and this started occuring a couple of months ago. I can't think of anything I've installed recently that may be the cause of this.
It should be noted that I have a Sensei connected aswell, which I'm using for shooters etc. If it matters, I'm running the G5 on 2k dpi and 1k hz pollingrate.
HLEP PLZ
Got it on my g400 and in cs only as well. No matter what dpi I use it goes mad.
That's a known Logitech's bug. Unfortunately, the G5 isn't produced anymore, I would recommend you the G500 or G400 to replace it. You should contact Logitech about this problem, because it's an hardware issue, they'll be able to change your product. I did it 3 times already for the G400 "lol".
I got my g400 on expertise, they said answer should be given within 3 weeks and while I'm waiting I decided to buy g400s (in my previous post I meant g400s, not g400). Not gonna send them another mouse to wait another 3 weeks, that's too much. What I'm curious about though is how does mouse' hardware relate to something that appears only in cs. Does it maybe have something to do with incompatible settings or whatsoever because in quake live I don't have any problems and nor do I have while browsing shits on internet/pc. Strange thing.
I have a G5 and it happens to me too. Though, this only started happening on my win7, not on XP too. I tried fixing this but no result, so don't waste time with that. I use RInput and works fine, just happens to me rare.
If I report this to logitech, would they be able to send me another mouse? Do i need to have waranty or smthing?
I really doubt that a reason like that can serve you a success. Also, RInput, CPL and all this stuff is out of time, you should try MarkC's mouse fix, it's surely superior. It didn't fix this problem though, but the issue must be something else than standard on/off accel.
try using m_rawinput 1 (same as rinput but works normally)
Originally posted by DeathClawtry using m_rawinput 1 (same as rinput but works normally)
that should help, I fixed the same problem this way.
Please log in to post replies.