KZMOD gone:(
Originally posted by ScaryProblem is, if it aint broken, you don't fix it. The gameplay doesn't really need better graphics. 1.6 jumping is fine as it is, as a jump game, the one problem is that whenever 1.6 shooting dies, KZ can never grow. That's why it's important to step out of the 1.6 shade. KZmod does that and KZ now has a game of it's own. It's in no way a bad thing. Maybe some day it'l change, but I doubt it. Unfortunatly with all the history and all the known maps, plus a steady stream of newcomers converting from shooting to KZ I doubt that KZmod will become the standard go-to.
The source engine gives you WAY better mapping possibilities, so it COULD become a better game than 1.6.
Originally posted by NAPZOriginally posted by ScaryProblem is, if it aint broken, you don't fix it. The gameplay doesn't really need better graphics. 1.6 jumping is fine as it is, as a jump game, the one problem is that whenever 1.6 shooting dies, KZ can never grow. That's why it's important to step out of the 1.6 shade. KZmod does that and KZ now has a game of it's own. It's in no way a bad thing. Maybe some day it'l change, but I doubt it. Unfortunatly with all the history and all the known maps, plus a steady stream of newcomers converting from shooting to KZ I doubt that KZmod will become the standard go-to.
The source engine gives you WAY better mapping possibilities, so it COULD become a better game than 1.6.
Would you care to elaborate? What are some significant advantages of the source engine for mapping, particularly, regarding Kreedz climbing?
@Flibo : creating mountains for example?
I would switch to kzmod for the environment, the graphics, the ambiance. As a mapper, I'd be much more happy with the final product on a kzmod map rather than a 1.6's. As a moviemaker, the beauty of the movie can raise pretty high just because of the graphics.
To make kzmod popular its not hard imo xD You just need to pay money for some youtube lets players with 1millions subs, so he could play that game, and say much good words about it I guess much ppl could be interested to it, and to make releases on XJ this could grow some activity too, ofc just my opinion.
Flibo.....dude sorry but the mapping possibilities in source engine in general are GREATLY more than 1.6 graphics and mapping possibilities.
Kzmod mapping and entities allow for things presently that no one has even worked with yet.
Simple example: I can literally hide 2048 courses in a tunnel if i wanted to in KZmod....and whatever timer you press, you will see only that course while someone else presses another timer...and they see only their course but not mine. It is also not only visual....its also the block solidity.
Imagine that :)
I can make NPC interactive single player adventures ....and run them on a multiplayer server and no one ruins the other guys course or triggers........
...and another nice thing is attaching entities to other moving or static entities (teleport destination on a func train)....the extremely powerful event triggering system (a chain of 100 entities each triggering the next)...the graphical possibilities.....dude this list can be soooo long don't even get me started on where the rabbit hole goes with kzmod mapping and competition :D
Originally posted by SoUlFaThErFlibo.....dude sorry but the mapping possibilities in source engine in general are GREATLY more than 1.6 graphics and mapping possibilities.
Kzmod mapping and entities allow for things presently that no one has even worked with yet.
Simple example: I can literally hide 2048 courses in a tunnel if i wanted to in KZmod....and whatever timer you press, you will see only that course while someone else presses another timer...and they see only their course but not mine. It is also not only visual....its also the block solidity.
Imagine that :)
I can make NPC interactive single player adventures ....and run them on a multiplayer server and no one ruins the other guys course or triggers........
...and another nice thing is attaching entities to other moving or static entities (teleport destination on a func train)....the extremely powerful event triggering system (a chain of 100 entities each triggering the next)...the graphical possibilities.....dude this list can be soooo long don't even get me started on where the rabbit hole goes with kzmod mapping and competition :D
Don't be sorry, I was genuinely interested. That's why I asked. That said, thanks for clearing this up for me. I didn't know the source engine had all of these possibilities.
Yes, and you can make MUCH larger maps and have A LOT more entities, which is a good thing for 2 man maps. I prefer 2 man maps over 1 maps any day, as I think it requrie more skills.
Those 2 things alone actually makes me consider a switch, but only if the other things which I stated in the other thread gets fixed.
Also I didn't understand the attaching entities part. Does that mean u can attach a button to a moving car?
KZmod....has added that functionality I mentioned....we added that wicked stuff, just nobody used it because its almost like programming partially.
Especially worked on functionality for 2man+....including 1-4 man timers that wait for all 4 to start and all 4 to finish......along with the fact that while you 4 are solid to each other for boosting.....everyone else on the server walks through you.
There is one map with 3 multiplayer maps in it.....one of them is a 3 man map to show case various functions we added.
there are also special teleport features we added that are just so wild...........i cant even begin to explain them.
We did an incredible amount of stuff for mappers......things I havent even showcased officially and with combinations of these things.......there are MANY doors open to how a map can be.....it is far beyond what I created that is poresently playable.
Putting those powerup awards in maps, combing various or all disciplines including a little quest like the old game Turok to find a certain power up to pass a stage......kz_tombraider....epic map.
I can go crazy just talking about it.
Attaching things to entities: Say you have an invisible textured train on a track with 20 paths points moving so you cant see it......and have a teleport destination "parented" to that train.....and have someone teleport to that named destination while that train is moving.......you effectively create the random drop that i showcase at the top of the skyscrapers map.. Theres a button. Under the button is a invisible, non solid door.....with a teleport entity parented to the door. You press the button.....the door opens upwards pushing the teleport into you......that sends you to the destination attached to that moving train dropping you randomly out of the sky at a different spot every time. The random drop button :D
You can attach a short lived steam or some effect to a train to create a rolling ball of dust.
you can attach lights to things. I have attached CAMERAS to func_rotaters to show a cam monitor circling the scene of a room........attach sparks and dustmotes to rotators and invisible trains to create effects like you see at the end of kz_invasion when you "stop" the operations.
man....all day long.........all day long :D Parent 15 entities to any other entity....and have each of them trigger in a chain of events. In the parent slot of any entity that has it (not all do)...you add the name of the entity you want to attach it to...and its done.
Please log in to post replies.