[SUGG] Forming out Demo Squad by challenge?

Started by Juice
28/12/2013 09:40
Page 1 of 1
Juice28/12/2013 09:40

According to "XJ Staff" news on frontpage we can see that Demo Squad remains TBA.
My suggestion is:
You should try to make some sort of challenge for the community and then form a team who wins it, that would be cool ;)

FAME28/12/2013 12:12

How you can be sure that demo-admin applicant won't ask for help someone else (i mean a person who is already a demo-admin, for example)

SUBWAYZ28/12/2013 13:27(edited 28/12/2013 13:37)

I think the point here arise from a discussion in latest news' comments, where somebody points out that there is nobody else than XJ admins who are able to check demos properly. (which obviously isn't true). Thus, in terms of educating admins to check demos, it could be easier and take less effort to select person who already has the knowledge (or even more than nothing).

Obviously, I see the problem here, as fame pointed out. Also if old cheated demos were used, some might get advantage from knowledge on player and the case.

Also, the leaders of this site see demo checking as some kind of a elitist thing, which only few selected are given chance to do. I, personally, understand that on some level, but not fully.

I also understand the worry about cheaters and cheat developers benefiting from wider knowledge if leaked or made public. (so no need to use that as an argument)

zythH^ moviemaker28/12/2013 13:57(edited 28/12/2013 13:58)

Originally posted by SUBWAYZ
I think the point here arise from a discussion in latest news' comments, where somebody points out that there is nobody else than XJ admins who are able to check demos properly. (which obviously isn't true). Thus, in terms of educating admins to check demos, it could be easier and take less effort to select person who already has the knowledge (or even more than nothing).

Obviously, I see the problem here, as fame pointed out. Also if old cheated demos were used, some might get advantage from knowledge on player and the case.

Also, the leaders of this site see demo checking as some kind of a elitist thing, which only few selected are given chance to do. I, personally, understand that on some level, but not fully.

I also understand the worry about cheaters and cheat developers benefiting from wider knowledge if leaked or made public. (so no need to use that as an argument)


I guess people understood it wrong, not only XJ Democheckers can check demos, the point is... only the atual democheckers are NOT corrupted by the cheaters and bad guys ;)

zteuq28/12/2013 17:05

Originally posted by SUBWAYZ
I also understand the worry about cheaters and cheat developers benefiting from wider knowledge if leaked or made public. (so no need to use that as an argument)


None of us actually know how the checking is performed nowadays, but using common sense this is the argument.
They don't have to explain anything else, being "elitist" and what not is all fair and justified given even the most trusted admins can betray you.

SUBWAYZ28/12/2013 17:26

Originally posted by zteuq
Originally posted by SUBWAYZ
I also understand the worry about cheaters and cheat developers benefiting from wider knowledge if leaked or made public. (so no need to use that as an argument)


None of us actually know how the checking is performed nowadays, but using common sense this is the argument.
They don't have to explain anything else, being "elitist" and what not is all fair and justified given even the most trusted admins can betray you.


So you don't know means nobody knows?

random Tournament #328/12/2013 19:45

Originally posted by SUBWAYZ
Originally posted by zteuq
Originally posted by SUBWAYZ
I also understand the worry about cheaters and cheat developers benefiting from wider knowledge if leaked or made public. (so no need to use that as an argument)


None of us actually know how the checking is performed nowadays, but using common sense this is the argument.
They don't have to explain anything else, being "elitist" and what not is all fair and justified given even the most trusted admins can betray you.


So you don't know means nobody knows?


true :d

zteuq29/12/2013 00:27(edited 29/12/2013 00:27)

Originally posted by SUBWAYZ
Originally posted by zteuq
Originally posted by SUBWAYZ
I also understand the worry about cheaters and cheat developers benefiting from wider knowledge if leaked or made public. (so no need to use that as an argument)


None of us actually know how the checking is performed nowadays, but using common sense this is the argument.
They don't have to explain anything else, being "elitist" and what not is all fair and justified given even the most trusted admins can betray you.


So you don't know means nobody knows?


If you compare the people who play/played kz to the handful who do know then yes, nobody is a fairly close estimate.

I exaggerated obviously, no need to be witty about it. My point still stands.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.