Rendering Problem

Started by Sadface
17/01/2014 01:33
Page 1 of 1
Sadface17/01/2014 01:33(edited 17/01/2014 01:39)

Hi guys, I have a rendering problem that ruins my movie's intro. The intro's quality became so crappy after rendering using .wmv and .mp4 file on Sony Vegas.

Here are some pics:
uncompressed
wmv
mp4

You can look at wmv and will notice the light is darker.Also at the bottom-right of the picture, there is some dark green color that ruin the intro. mp4 is just too bright to see the words. In addition, I tried to upload the original .avi file to youtube but resulted in the same as wmv.

intro

Since it was the best intro I ever made, I don't want it looks crappy. So, I want you guys help me to render the intro and upload it to youtube without that dark green color. I will really appreciate for your help.

This is part of the intro:
test222.avi
picture If you can't open test222.avi, you can download pictures and use VirtualDub

(P.S. I just realized that the intro video can be different looking by using different browser. It looks bad for IE, and it looks perfect for google chrome, but still, I need you guys' help because I don't want to render the entire movie in .avi.)

ndR moviemaker Tournament #217/01/2014 01:48(edited 17/01/2014 01:49)

Hi,

Gave this a try? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ColPeBQCAdU&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL512F1814E7BC686A
If you just want to render the intro, and then use the file in your future video projects, you should just render an uncompressed .AVI and use this file.

Sadface17/01/2014 02:37

Well, this intro is only used for this movie, so I won't use it on any other projects. I think I misled something. I rendered my entire movie with wmv file. Everything is "okay" (not ultra quality) but the intro looks terrible like the wmv picture. Then I tried to use different setting to make the intro looks like the original one or not that much quality lost. However, I couldn't find any good setting. I want to find a setting that makes the intro looks great, so I will use this setting to render my entire movie, and I wish the file size isn't too large because my internet is so bad, it will take forever to upload. Anyway, I'm gonna try your method, thanks.

KarLi mapper17/01/2014 03:00

why dont render to Sony AVC Mp4 file? 1080p or 720p those renders never touched my video's qualities.

Sadface17/01/2014 04:36

Sony AVC(.mp4, .m2ts, .avc)? Yes, I did and you can see the result by clicking the link mp4 on the thread. It is too bright to see the words. Maybe I just used some bad setting for mp4. I don't know.

Sadface17/01/2014 05:41(edited 17/01/2014 06:18)

I tried ndr's method. it gave me two videos. One is .avi(2723KB) and one is .mp4(6325KB). Unfortunately, both resulted in as same as wmv with that dark green color.

legion.avi
legion.mp4

One weird thing is that when I opened Legion 1.5.0, it appeared a message and I clicked ok and it started working, but I didn't press n or anything. Is it normal?

---------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys, I found this really random. I uploaded the legion.mp4 to youtube and watched it using IE, it still looked the same. If I use google chrome, it looks perfectly fine. And then I tried to use different programs other than Windows Media Player, and it looks exactly the same color as the original. My conclusion is that different programs and browser might make difference in videos. I think I solved the problem by using specific program and browser to watch this movie. :/

ndR moviemaker Tournament #217/01/2014 14:06

If it's only a matter of light, you have to keep in mind that an uncompressed file will always look brighter because as it's uncompressed, the white and the black spectrums are wider, with more visible shades in terms of colors and light...

SO: there's a golden rule I always apply: edit the movie brighter than the result you want, since the decrease of light will be offset by the extra light you'll have added during the pactual editing on Vegas.

Sadface21/01/2014 03:32

Thanks ndr, I increased the brightness separately on different parts of the intro. Now it looks good on youtube.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.