FPS drops and AMD graphic card

20/01/2014 20:12
Page 1 of 1
ndR moviemaker Tournament #220/01/2014 20:12(edited 20/01/2014 20:13)

Hello there,

Ever since I got a new graphic card, I've got harsh FPS drops on particular maps, whereas I had no problem with an nVidia card.

Here is my whole config, which should be way enough to run any map at 100fps:
AMD Phenom X6 2.3Ghz
8Gb RAM DDR3
Radeon 6870 HD

Any way to fix this?
Thanks a lot

g-Lprecord holder Tournament #120/01/2014 20:25

Originally posted by ndR
whereas I had no problem with an nVidia card.


Here is the problem

Here is my config :

8 gb ram 12800 cas 9 ddr3
i5 3570k
hd 7950 vapor x (amd card)

With that I still have many map with low fps while a random nvidia card with a low price wont have any problem. This game is optimised for nvidia card unfortunatly.

laachux20/01/2014 20:49

I had fps drops when I had ATI radeon as well. Unfortunately, I can't help, because anything I did, it didn't help to improve fps. Some said that my motherboard was too rubbish, my pc in total to handle that graphics card, but you pc seems to be quite ok.

there was 1 way to fix it before valve updated cs - using d3d video mode on certain maps. but since they deleted it, there's no way to fix it. :(

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.