Bibo - High

Started by Bibo
22/01/2014 04:11
Page 1 of 1
Bibo22/01/2014 04:11(edited 22/01/2014 04:11)

For those that haven't seen it. here's a movie I made 4 years ago that I compiled myself over the summer of 2010. The editing was done by me as I was making my entrance into the Visual FX industry in real life, I wanted to put my hands into some VFX.

The idea behind this movie is called Ledging. It was initially shown to me in the very beginning of the Surf-Cs [scs] community back in ~2005-2006. As we were playing in scoutzknivez, the gravity was 240 and the airaccelerate was 100 due to surf settings. Well Raz and Cyclone would use a high FPS rate, such as 200+, and manage to fly around the map like so. Once they told me, I managed to use this technique in regular CS maps. I thought I could make a movie out of this, so I did. FPS used is between 200 and 600, depending on the tricks.

I had ideas of making ledge maps back in the days with one or two different mappers, but due to their inactivity, the project was cancelled. I tried making them by myself, but my lack of skills in mapping has affected my map; very low FPS was had while looking at wide-open spaces. I still think this is an interesting idea to this day, as ledging as I see it for my maps require very good strafe control and I think very challenging maps could be made. The idea of height controlling can be integrated too, meaning hitting a ledge at an angle to gain horizontal speed but no vertical height. Anyways, if need be, this idea of mine shall be announced more officially in the near future.

Here's the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5OV9_GNT_E

Rate/Comment/Hate.

Michael Collins22/01/2014 06:17

<3

ViDtam22/01/2014 07:13

I remember finding this movie a while back, one of the greatest movies I've seen

TT.22/01/2014 08:55

welcome back

beuhnoix22/01/2014 09:22

I missed you.

nobody^22/01/2014 10:16(edited 22/01/2014 10:17)

The forum might become a little more oldschool now. :D

Great movie, gj

Mathzz22/01/2014 10:31

Welcome back, and this movie is still a great movie even after all these years.

actepukc^22/01/2014 10:37

Impressive skills like always from you! Really impressive movie.. Respect

This has been fun \o/

sitka mapper VIP22/01/2014 12:19

<3

probably the most skilled jumper after T3dbundy. Welcome back sir !!!

sooshkarecord holder23/01/2014 00:40

beast

botik23/01/2014 01:01(edited 23/01/2014 01:04)

This has got to be the most enjoyable technique with this game's engine.
Used to do this in random pubs where those settings were allowed, was really fun. After the update last year higher fps didn't seem to slow down the game like before though

Still works perfectly with non-steam

Cobrex mapper Tournament #223/01/2014 02:21

Bibo, I'm glad to see you back!
Honestly ... I can't understand the 86,000 views (too much)
Great movie and jumps. Used to watch it over and over, I still have it on my pc.
The idea of ledging is great ... I once tried to mix that with AXN and turned out great, but the speed you gained was too much for me at that time and finding uber-hard tricks was allmost impossible. You can do better everytime allmost.
I thought about doing some ledge maps in 2012 but due to my inactivity and boredom at that time, my idea stopped there. Would love to see this "mod" take popularity a bit more.

Johnson23/01/2014 11:02

Originally posted by _Lolz
I missed you.

+1

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.