kz_highlands, new slide shortcut method

Started by jusuuh
23/01/2014 22:28
Page 1 of 1
jusuuh23/01/2014 22:28(edited 26/01/2014 16:24)

hello!

I have kept this discovery in my archives for too long. Sharing is caring they said. :-)

It's a shortcut in kz_highlands, a slide-up that cut around 20 seconds of ShoCk's former WR of 3:49 . No idea what pizza^ has done in the current WR of 3:40, I just checked it the last time when ShoCk's record was valid. Probably still around 20 seconds!

It's 100% possible in a run, when you learn it you'll make it all the time. I tried recording a WR but as a poor climber I couldn't get closer than 4:05 or so. But I'm sure there're a bit better climbers out here!

Demo of me doing it 2x -> highlands_jusu_2x.dem
Then for "proof" I made it in a "run" -> highlands_jusu_run.dem

Hopefully someone finds it useful, have fun recording!

P.S: I'll make a special run movie to the one who makes it first to the front page's WR release!

random Tournament #323/01/2014 22:56

I found it long time ago, and also did thread about it, but i did not like you doing it, you doing it sliding up, but me just tried to slideup from the block u stay on, you improved by sc :d seems like this way isn't that hard as my, i bet soon someone will try it on demo) Nice dude.

jusuuh23/01/2014 23:27

I knew someone who's explored the map well must've thought about it. I just used the word "new" to highlight the fact that it's been successfully made and possible in a run. And I created the first demos of this like late 2012 if I'm right. :-)

It actually did take some time to develop the technique, but as an overfanatic fan of slide(-up) tricks it was loads of fun all the way. Just make sure you start and bounce from exact points and with proper angle it's a piece of cake!

Cobrex mapper Tournament #224/01/2014 01:16

jusuuh, stop this nonsense and lets produce a movie! (notjoking,really)

That shortcut is kind of old (for me atleast) and I've tried to do a wr on this map too. As you can see, my 3:00 wr wasn't published, it got lost somewhere deep inside the ftp. Anyway, we're missing the point here ... DO A MOVIE !

iNsprate moviemaker24/01/2014 01:35

Originally posted by Cobrex
DO A MOVIE !

zzarecord holder Tournament #1 VIP24/01/2014 02:34(edited 24/01/2014 02:35)

damn! tried it for like 20 minutes managed to do x2 aswell but it still felt a little random for me so i dunno how consistently i could make it in a run but it definitely saves alot. not to mention all the other shortcuts + combos - it would be a pain to record again. :p

nice find! hope someone will manage to do a clean run with all the scs and a fair amount of combos

jusuuh24/01/2014 07:30

yeah the map itself is quite a pain in the ass, but I was surprised by how close I got anyhow. Should still be beatable with this. I'm sure you can handle the map better than most of us, I doubt it was just one lucky run!

thanks :-)

Cobrex I'm for sure motivated to edit if someone makes this in a WR! We'll see if that leads to something. :)

zzarecord holder Tournament #1 VIP26/01/2014 02:54

http://www.sendspace.com/file/skcd8c

managed to get a 10s improvement on the current WR. although i think the sc saves around 15s but sadly i messed up on a few things during the run (1st slide didn't have the normal doubleduck route that was in the 3:40 run, combo mistake near beginning, few other things like missed combos near end, etc)

new sc was quite inconsistent for me, only managed to do it 1st try in a handful of runs. the last slide sc off the roof actually messed up alot of runs too. :<

again thanks to jusuuh for finding this new method! someone beat my time - would love to see this map getting pushed into 3:1x times if possible. :P

hmm nice run pizza ..these scs are so annoying-->gj for doing them in wr....a 3.1x would be nice to see....wonder when will be there a run under 3 ,i think will be unbelievable :D

laachux26/01/2014 04:09

nice one pizza

jusuuh26/01/2014 11:25(edited 26/01/2014 11:27)

that's one hell of a ride pizza! I almost lost my mind trying the WR myself..
but seeing you doing it makes me as happy, great job! :)

so I'll turn my inactive-status off for a while for editing a run movie, totally worth it!

Oh almost forgot about that sc.. I knew there was something wrong with that 3:30, it would have been too much of an unbelievable time but anyway what's probably even more unbelievable is watching you make that sc in a solid run, very well done man :) Good job jusuuh as well finding the right approach to this sc, waiting for the clip :)

jusuuh27/01/2014 16:27(edited 27/01/2014 16:29)

there is truly something wrong with the 3:30, in a positive way! thanks and the clip is coming :)

Cobrex mapper Tournament #227/01/2014 18:57

I thought that this sc was using in the WRs from 2010. Why didn't I try to record back then? Btw jusuuh, you must impress me with your edit ! (MUST) + join the god damn steam already

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.