Gettin back on track

Started by Harley
08/02/2014 01:02
Page 1 of 1
Harley08/02/2014 01:02(edited 08/02/2014 01:18)

Hi folks,

After several months (years? Don't remember) of no CS at all I felt the urge to get back to good ol' Kreedzing. So I went ahead and installed CS, fixed several performance issues (runnin CS on a Zenbook) and loaded her up. Well... I was/am heartbroken how bad I got :D

Anyways, I got some time at my hands starting next Thursday so I want to get back in shape or somewhere near where I was when I last played KZ. So my question to you guys is:

What kind maps do you play when you try to get back in shape after a prolonged absence of CS? Or don't you do anything "special" but jumping around on random servers? I feel like this is getting me nowhere. Especially my bhop timing and strafing is, well, abysmal to say the very least.

I'm not expecting to get THE recipe on how to turn into a pro over night, I'm just curious how you cope with returning to Kreedzing after staying away for a longer period of time.

Cheers,
Harley

I never stoped playing kz for very long time..but,very often i stop playing for some days/1 week and it feels a bit strange for first few minutes..all i do is to play a kz map from my server list and then i try some lj/bj/sbj/wj..the important thing first[for me at least] is to be "flexible" when jump:) so I just run and move around things,jumping over/around things...to "understand" the motion of the game again very well...im sure in like 1/2 week will be much better for you..just practice and jump the maps,do some lj's and you will be just like before :D patience is the key in this game :)
About the bhop thing,here im very bad even in my best days:P but when i dont like my bhop i always go and find a place what I like to bhop around in what way comes in mind [ right to the stone / over the stone/left-over the stone/right under the stone :P you know-bhoping random ] :D
Good luck and see you on the germans servers[you know them :P] :D

Freezing08/02/2014 02:34

Nice topic ... as spider said , most important thing is to get your jumping skills back , start by spending some time on a jump server and get used again with the motion as well . And for me , honestly , after long break-ups , i start by playing combos maps to see if i get same speed and bhop , maps like kz_nix or j2s_4tunnels may be helpfull :) . Good luck getting in shape again :)

BacoN08/02/2014 03:09

for bhop i find doing maps with lots of height changes helps me get my standup timing back quicker. I like prochallenge_bhop. Do maps you find hard even if you have to checkpoint spam would be my advice or if you don't like hard maps try easier maps with heavier weapons

znx08/02/2014 04:43

To get back sbj, i suggest delianshop.

Kraeft08/02/2014 04:53

just play the maps you find enjoyable

Harley08/02/2014 08:57(edited 08/02/2014 09:00)

Nice, even more replies than I hoped to see! Thanks for your input, everyone.

I feel this a very interesting topic since there are so many ways to approach this issue. Personally, what I am doing thus far (since yday, lol) is an alternation between hard and average maps. But I try to avoid easy ones in order to keep myself "forced" to push my (present) boundaries at all times. I'm not talkin fu_extreme hard but maps I was just able to (almost) no cp before. desolate_h, jekyl, dimblock and the likes come to mind on the hard end blended with easier, longer maps like cellblock or similar stuff which I actually still can no cp without ragequitting or falling asleep.

The real challenge for me still lies within bhops and sbjs in particular cause I never "really" mastered them in the first place. So, znx, I'm especially grateful for your suggestion there and will give it a shot.

So, any further input on how to address sbjs in particular?

Cheers

E: Spider - Yeah, I'll see you there and try and learn some more from u, my mastah :D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.