Confused about basic Longjumping technique

Started by Jabra
11/02/2014 18:48
Page 1 of 1
Jabra11/02/2014 18:48(edited 11/02/2014 19:44)

Hey, I'm a speedrun surfer from CS:S we're not that familiar with Longjumping as 1.6 players.
But okay let's go to my problem.
Let's say i'm doing a prestrafe with w(forwards)+d(right), should I press jump when I'm still pressing w+d but exactly after i have jumped release w-button and still keep pressing d (i know) or should I press w+d and then release w-button and then exactly after that do a jump?
What order?
I have tried to test it myself ofc. but i just can't get to a solution...

g-Lprecord holder Tournament #111/02/2014 20:07

Once you jump you should unpress W and straf

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP11/02/2014 20:31(edited 11/02/2014 20:32)

Jabra11/02/2014 21:13(edited 11/02/2014 21:14)

Originally posted by ShoCk

Thank you G-Lp also what I thought and what one of my mates told me but then i watch these shit tutorials like this one which is saying the opposite of what you and him say because you can see in this video he unpress w before jumping.

Oh right, bad tutor sorry, what g-Lp said is true, release W while still holding D and immediately jump, then when you are already in the air keep D held as the first strafe and multistrafe.

Grrr21/03/2014 20:54

or release D and hold W for sideways strafing (using W and S keys) :P

pRopaaNS mapper22/03/2014 08:00

According to logic holding W while in air won't decrease speed just influence control, but releasing W while on ground means undoing prestrafe. Unless I'm missing something that should mean that it's better to hold W longer than neccesary than release it prematurely.

AirTrek22/03/2014 09:40

In my opinion it's more of a matter of getting the feeling right than figuring out what to press when. Just practice and have fun! :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.