Make fov variable

13/02/2014 16:23
Page 1 of 1

I had been thinking about it earlier and today I stumbled upon kzmod's kz_trippin which has higher fov as a drug effect for one of the parts. Dunno if it's too much of "unnecessary" work but any chance there is a possibility to make it variable? Thanks.

Raptor 13/02/2014 21:49

Yep, FOV can easily be made variable if it's what you want, no problem.

SoUlFaThEr mapper14/02/2014 00:17

If I remember right, I had at least 1 other request for this, told the guy to make a post so we wouldnt forget and....well :D

To those who read this, don't hesitate to suggest things.

Cool thanks :)

There is a map kz_tj_mix or something similair mapped by slowmolle and to finish map you need to pass through "flag check points". Yesterday I had many great runs but some of them ended up unfinished because I couldn't hit the stop button, apparently I missed a flag or a few.. hence I thought that it would be useful to have some noticifaction when you pass through a flag. I asked slowmolle if he could make a sound notification but the problem is that they are hearable for everyone playing on pub and enabling sound would basically mean constant and annoying clangs whenever one of 10 pubbers pass through the check point.

Is there something we could fix about it? Like make it so that only you can hear the sound or make so image notification instead of the sound one or anything else? Thanks :)

Z0ck3rOO714/02/2014 14:39

I think thats already possible, but let SF explain it detailed :D

SoUlFaThEr mapper14/02/2014 14:46

Yes it is possible to make sounds that only the "activator" hears.
That is done in the 2man map on kz_mix_journeys where your team only hears a sound when a flaretarget is hit. It is a simple flag in the ambient_generic.
It is also possible, like you see in kz_surfcrazy, to post messages when a checkpoint is reached which is a lot easier. This is done directly in the touchpoint entities.

since slowmo is a new mapper, he doesn't know these things and would have to be guided. I had to help him a lot already but he is sort of hard to help due to him not speaking english.

I see, maybe you might wanna do some short tutorial for one of these things sound/chat message, so I could translate it for slowmolle or something :D I really love this map but it's not really playable w/o notifications.

Also, since you wanted more suggestions, I feel like the "messagemode" box is way too small to follow the conversation, then I have to open console but it's hard for my eye to single out conversation from all the autochat messages. It would be easier if you:

1. made messagemode window bigger or resizable
2. made colors for console, so that colored nicks are easier to see and hence easier to follow the conversation

Raptor 14/02/2014 17:11(edited 14/02/2014 17:11)

You can resize chat box, the commands are kz_chat_ I believe in the console.

Nope, there is nothing about this cmd at all.

Twize[k]14/02/2014 18:55

trigger_push would be awsome if it activates only one player :P

Raptor 15/02/2014 07:50

Okay, just checked the code, the commands are:

kz_hud_chat_x (0-1) The x position of the chatwindow as a fraction
kz_hud_chat_y (0-1)

kz_hud_chat_height_frac (0-1) The height of the chatwindow as a fraction

kz_hud_chat_width_frac (0-1)

It feels much better now, thanks Raptor :)

Also, I'm setting up a cfg and I noticed that config.cfg doesn't have all existed commands, is there some complete list of commands anywhere around?

Raptor 16/02/2014 07:20

You can type find into the console to search for commands matching a specific name, for example:

find kz_

Would find all the commands starting with kz_, you can do it for any string you can think of.

Oh ok. Well, enough questions I guess, just the last one :D When to expect newer kzmod 2007?

Raptor 16/02/2014 18:14

I'm hoping there will be lots of info on it once it works properly :D

Looking forward to it! Also, one important bug is you can bhop the bhop blocks.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.