CS Startprob since Update

Started by tsuyosa
06/03/2007 13:28
Page 1 of 1
tsuyosa06/03/2007 13:28(edited 18/08/2010 16:33)

Hello guys!

Yesterday i started Steam as usual and wanted to play CS. But it was updating something. I activated "start as soon its ready". It did start but the lil loadingwindow disappears after 2 seconds and nothing happens. No error no nothing.

Well i tryed to start it with Steam and a different window appeared but lasted only for 2 seconds, too. Here is a screen of this window: [IMG]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9440/steamerrorcu8.th.jpg[/IMG]

Oh and Half Life 1 doesn't start as well. CS:S and HL2 do start as usual...

I hope anyone can help me cuz i really don't know what to do anymore. I've read that there are other ppl who are having this problem. They even tryed to reinstall but it didn't help.

I BEG YOU!!!

faker mapper06/03/2007 15:37

Somehow Steam seems to need a new Validation of your Half-Life files. This process can take between 15 minutes and 1 hour. Just be patient and let Steam validating the files. It will take some time but it will work at the end!

tsuyosa06/03/2007 16:06

The validating window disappears right after it appears.. Nothing happens. The system runs normal. I already deleted game cache, too.

I will try ur tip, but more tips are still welcome!!

Thanks so far!!!

faker mapper06/03/2007 16:55

Ok, seems to be a bug then. I suggest you to delete the clientregistry.blob and to try it again.

If that doesn't work I think a new installation of Steam could help

tsuyosa07/03/2007 12:13

The problem is gone! It works everything fine again.

For everyone who will have this problem: Delete the game cache of CS 1.6 first and then the game cache of HL1! Let it update again and it just works fine.

My mistake was that i was only deleting the CS 1.6 game cache.

Thanks for the help :)!

Keep going your nice work!

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.